Edge Xfinity Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by jcallip, Jul 11, 2020.

1. jcallip

jcallip New Member

Jul 11, 2020

Advertisements

I would like to buy one of these so I can flip channels. Currently with xfinity i have to flip through channels i don't want or dont pay for. When i had directv you could edit the channels out like qvc, etc that you dont want then when flipping you wouldnt even see them. Can I do this with the Edge?

2. SNJpage1

SNJpage1 Well-Known Member TCF Club

May 25, 2006
    Atlantic...
    Yes you can. I have a comcast dvr and a Bolt. With Tivo you can select and deselect which channels show up on the guide. I hate how comcast lists the different channels in three and four places. So I remove the non HD channels and the duplicates.

3. jcallip

jcallip New Member

Jul 11, 2020
    Are the removed channels also gone when you are flipping channels with the up\down button? If so that would be great!

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Yes, surfing follows the guide. With TiVo you have three choices: off, My Channels and Favorites. I stick C-SPAN into My Channels since I seldom watch it (and others). So on my 420 channel feed, I pay for 200, have 50 checked and 20 Favorites. It's easy to switch between Favorites and the My Channels list. Also, nothing stops you from manually entering any channel number if needed.