EDGE TiVo to PC transfers... Anyone have a status update?

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by LarryAtHome, Oct 21, 2019.

1. LarryAtHome

LarryAtHome Active Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Has there been any update on getting the transfers to work? There was a report of the streaming now working, but am interested in the status of transfers from TiVo to PC, and if the corrupted transfer problems of the past (like with the BOLT) have also been resolved with the EDGE or if that problem has carried over to the EDGE?

preilly44 likes this.
  2. LarryAtHome

Feb 18, 2008
    Is there still no update?

3. Nov 3, 2019 #3 of 11
    HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Would be interested in hearing if this was working well with pyTiVo Desktop and kmttg, but what corrupted transfer problems are you talking about with the Bolt? If you mean the TS sync errors that was not just a Bolt issue.

Scott

4. Nov 3, 2019 #4 of 11
    LarryAtHome

Feb 18, 2008
    Yes I was referring to the TS sync errors, and you are correct, it was not with just the BOLT. Would like to know if the new software update of recent fixes the TiVo to pc transfers, and if so in fixing that if the TS issues are also fixed.

5. Nov 3, 2019 #5 of 11
    DwayneM

DwayneM New Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Toronto, Canada
    Streaming is not working for me. I opened a support ticket but all I am getting is the usual delete your cache and cookies and try again stuff. If it is or was a known problem with the Edge, no one has told the support team.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  6. Nov 4, 2019 #6 of 11
    KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    What issues did you have with the Bolt?

I just used pyTiVo Desktop last night for Tivo > PC transfers and all worked fine.

I use PS not TS for transfer.

I am on TE3.

7. Nov 4, 2019 #7 of 11
    Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2006
    No problems with my Bolt either.

8. Nov 4, 2019 #8 of 11
    LarryAtHome

Feb 18, 2008
    The issue with the BOLT is if you use TS for transfers, you would get corrupted or sync problems, but PS transfers worked fine. If you transferred the same recording multiple times, the sync issues would appear at different spots in the recording. There have been many discussions on how to prevent these sync issues in transfers from a TiVo to a PC. Please see the KMTTG tread for this discussion. The other issue is that the EDGE does not support transfers to a PC and may not be fixed in the future. Hopefully this broken code does not migrate to the BOLT or other tiVos in the future.

KENL likes this.
  9. dgoto

dgoto Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Can anyone here confirm that Tivo Desktop or other similar Tivo > PC transfer programs do still work with Tivo Edge? I am still using 2 Tivo Premiere and I am finally considering upgrading to a Tivo Edge w/ 3Tb of storage and also using a Tivo Mini as my second platform and finally ditching my old Tivos. Thanks

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  10. MicahSD1

MicahSD1 New Member

Nov 10, 2019
    I've got an Edge and have been considering returning it as I'm within the 30-day return policy because of that one single reason...I cannot get any transfers to work via kmttg or pytivo due to Tivo2Go not functioning. Tivo support won't assist at all as they of course refer to an article stating it's not supported or if I send in a support ticket, they give me the runaround and ignore me.

As far as the unit functioning, it works great. I'm using it with a Mini VOX via Ethernet and an older Mini using MoCA. It's fast for anything Tivo...3rd party apps are still crap (the Plex app looks like it was last updated a few years ago; I still tend to use other devices for using Plex or anything else that's non-Tivo).

There is an Edge issues thread which is good to check out...it has this listed as an issue, but I don't have a clue if it will ever work.

I have heard that on the Bolt that transfers work fine using those methods...if it were me, I'd not go with the Edge and get a Bolt or hold out for HDHomeRun's Prime 6 CableCARD unit and use Channels DVR or Plex DVR.

KENL and dgoto like this.
  11. dgoto

dgoto Member

Apr 29, 2010