Edge S315 error

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by krausswilliam, Sep 11, 2020.

1. krausswilliam

krausswilliam New Member

Jul 4, 2002

Advertisements

Brand new Edge Cable. Spectrum. Getting a consistent "verifying" error during first-time guided setup. Id'd as an S315 error. Called Tivo. "This is a known issue. Our engineers are working on it."
    The support line didn't inspire confidence. I wonder if the last line of the script is "This is a known issue. Our engineers are working on it."

No idea of when it will be fixed, etc.

Is anybody else experiencing this?
    Does anybody have any reliable information regarding this issue?

I've used Tivo for as long as it's been around. This is disappointing.

John Moore likes this.
  2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
  3. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
  4. krausswilliam

krausswilliam New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    However, your account has already been included to our list of the affected customers so that you will receive a notification via phone or email once it is fixed. Thank you for your patience.

Not reassuring.

5. huberohio

huberohio New Member

Jan 15, 2020

Advertisements

I'm having the same issue with a brand new Tivo Edge. I was also told that I have been added to the list of affected customers. I preformed a search and found a thread on here that included this s315 error on brand new Tivo Edge units from back in October. Apparently the issue was caused by missing information on the Tivo activation server. Tivo_Ted was able to get the issue taken care of back then. Unfortunately, he has left Tivo since then.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020 at 10:42 AM
  6. krausswilliam

krausswilliam New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Yes. Brand new, out of the box. On the largest cable network in NA and I get the privilege of being added to a list of affected customers. So lucky...
    I'm sure that somewhere people are working in an underground complex day and night to insure that this is fixed soon.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    You are very nice. I would have sent it back. There is a small chance it will be fixed before the thirty-day return window expires.

8. Francisco Bido

Francisco Bido New Member

Saturday
    Same issue here. Returning it. Tivo is having some serious quality control issues. Not the same company it was when I joined many years ago. Will look for other alternatives. Just too bad.

philco782 likes this.
  9. krausswilliam

krausswilliam New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    I’ll give them a couple of days. Then it goes back.

10. philco782

philco782 Active Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Florida
    This latest update seems to have been a complete disaster!

I’m well past my return period for my Edge but supposedly in a year service contract (so glad I decided against going all-in)

I’m tempted to call them and tell them I’m cancelling the credit card they have on file then telling them where they can shove it.

But the new TiVo probably wouldn’t care or maybe even have a support representative that actually works for TiVo. Just a massive call center with noname people doing simultaneous support for 10 different companies in their sweatshop call center.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020 at 7:39 PM
  11. krausswilliam

krausswilliam New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    Connecting directly to Ethernet on the cable modem didn't work. This is a software issue.

12. krausswilliam

krausswilliam New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    As everyone here knows, you pretty much can't use the TV if your Tivo doesn't work. I had already had the cable company reprovision the cable card to the new edge. Since this was replacing a roamio, it's not like I have a charter set top box lying around.

13. philco782

philco782 Active Member

Sep 27, 2014
    Florida
    Always a good first step before trying phone support, in fact a must do, unless you want the script-reading lackey on the other end pushing you to do it through an arduous script.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Tennberg

Tennberg New Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Glad I found this thread. I received a new replacement Edge a couple days ago. The previous one (which I got through the recent summer promotion) had a loud fan in it so I submitted it for an RMA exchange.

Since I had the time today, I figured I’d set up the replacement unit. It all went smoothly until I get an S315 error during the verification step of guided setup. When I called support to explain the problem, the rep raced through a script - “It will eventually verify. Just keep trying. Goodbye.” - before I could say anything else.

I’ve messaged their Twitter accounts to see if I have better luck there.

15. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    What Modem?

Did you get a valid Public IP?

With Comcast, you have to reboot the Modem after you change devices that connect to it.

If it's Comcast's Modem did you try it in Bridge Mode?

-KP

16. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    if you have monthly or yearly service, then you have the continual care warranty where they will replace a defective Tivo for $49.

17. krausswilliam

krausswilliam New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    it's spectrum/charter. the machine connects to the internet, gets a public ip, and then freezes. since the OS isn't running there's no way to get any diagnostic info from the machine.
    and no, "keep trying" doesn't work.

for everyone looking at this forum, i would not buy an edge until you see resolution on this. i have yet to see anybody who has successfully set up an edge since i posted this. if i'm wrong and you've done so in the last week, please correct me.

18. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I mean, I see what you wrote, but what IP did it actually get?

-KP

19. krausswilliam

krausswilliam New Member

Jul 4, 2002
    I tried every potential reasonable solution regarding connectivity. It isn't that. It happens whether it's got an IP/DNS on the internal network or a public-facing IP/DNS through an open port. At this point, I am not looking for a workaround or solution other than turning it on and going through a normal guided setup. It's TiVo's job to provide a product that can do that out of the box. I have two TiVo Bolts and this replaced a TiVo Roamio. All of these work fine on my current networking setup. This happened following a reboot where TiVo applied the latest software upgrade during the first guided setup. So, it's clear that the latest software for the Edge prevents the "verifying" to occur.

I've wasted enough time on this. Either they fix it or I send the machine back for a refund during the 30-day window.
    I don't want anyone else looking at this to make the mistake of buying an Edge until this is sorted out.

philco782 likes this.
  20. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    So contact them to fix it.. Whining on here isnt going to fix it