Edge Owners.. Please Educate Me

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by tommiet, Aug 5, 2020.

1. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005

Advertisements

I was looking at purchasing an Edge, but other than audio enhancements, I cannot see anything different than my current Bolt. I do believe the Edge is over priced and the sale on the all in one is the only way TiVo can sell one. To me, it seems the Edge is just the Bolt replacement.

Ok.. It doesn't have the Bolt's fancy case! Other than that?

Oh yeah... 90 day (parts and labor ) warranty suxs for any product. Shame on TiVo for that.

Thanks!!!!

2. BigJimOutlaw

BigJimOutlaw Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2004
    Yeah, it's got a 25% faster CPU and supports Dolby Vision/Atmos. Not really worth the upgrade from a Bolt. Their most uninspired release.

mrsean likes this.
  3. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Seattle
    Dolby Vision on Sony TVs was not working correctly and I have not heard if Tivo ever fixed it.

4. tommiet

tommiet Active Member

Oct 28, 2005

Advertisements

Thanks folks... That's what I figured, but wanted to be sure. So, it seems the Bolt models are done... The Edge is probably it's replacement... for way too much money.

5. WacoJohn

WacoJohn New Member

Sep 11, 2013
    Granbury, TX
    I just heard of the 'Edge' about 10 minutes ago. First thing that came to my mind was ... will it work with kmttg? If not, ... not interested for that reason at least. So ... does it??? I am completely happy with my Bolt. This thread really convinces me to pass on the Edge. Any comments are welcome.

6. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    The bizarre thing about the Edge is the Atmos and Dolby Vision. If these came into play when watching tv...nice! But to add these features to a crappy bunch of apps is just so wasteful. We all know these apps are not going to be updated or maintained. Very frustrating .

mrsean likes this.
  7. bofis

bofis New Member

Sep 30, 2011
    Brooklyn, NY
    I certainly plan to find out, but elsewhere people seem to say it does work, you just cannot send from PC to TiVo anymore, but you can download

8. compnurd

compnurd Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2011
    With the exception of live 4K content no one else broadcasts with Atmos. For DV content must be mastered in it. It will never come into play for live TV