"Echo" and "Disk Space Meter" glitch?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by michael1248, Oct 1, 2011.

1. michael1248

michael1248 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Recently I noticed two glitches on my Premiere:

Echo:
    Sometimes, when I fast forward through a program and come to a stop, the audio has an extremely echo sound. When I hit the 8-second back button the audio returns to normal. Weird.

Disk Space Meter:
    When I navigate from My Shows to the Recently Deleted folder...and then back to my shows, the Disk Space Meter disappears! When I loop back to the My Shows folder via TiVo central, the disk meter is back where it belongs.

2. michael1248

michael1248 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Am I the only one experiencing this?

3. jrtroo

jrtroo Chill- its just TV

Feb 4, 2008
    Chicagoland
    I'm not seeing this. Have you rebooted?

4. michael1248

michael1248 Member

Feb 14, 2002
    Yes. I have rebooted several times. The echo doesn't happen all the time. But the disk space meter always disappears after I return from the deleted recordings folder.

5. proudx

proudx Member

Sep 16, 2008
    I have also experienced this issue. has this been listed in the bug thread?

6. crxssi

crxssi Veteran TiVo User

Apr 5, 2010
    This could be something specific to the audio system you are using. I have never experienced this, but I am using optical out (TOSLINK) to an older Pioneer VSX-S810S.

I cannot replicate that at all.

7. Andrel

Andrel Member

Oct 19, 2000
    I have had this issue on series 3 and premiere as far as I can remember. This is the amp you are using. You should ( and never have I) experienced it directly on the tv sound. My amp is Yamaha and i am connected using optical cable.

8. proudx

proudx Member

Sep 16, 2008
    When the echo happens on the premiere fast forwad, it is not over toslink or hdmi, but rather over the analog RCA outs so has nothing to do with receiver.