Ebert Presents at the Movies

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by janry, Jan 16, 2011.

1. janry

janry New Member

Jan 2, 2003
    Nashville, TN

Advertisements

Now in TiVo guide data so don't forget to get your season pass.

2. Puppy76

Puppy76 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Thanks for the heads up! Unfortunately I apparently don't have a station that's getting it :-/

Also confused by why Roper isn't on it, but anyway...

3. Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004
    saurabh | January 4, 2011 6:34 AM
    Opening soon at a station near you
    TC Candler | January 4, 2011 8:54 AM
    Jennifer | January 4, 2011 11:21 AM
    Alas, it's not carried in the NC Piedmont Triad area; anyone have a link where it may be streamed?

4. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Unfortunately, the repeats all show up as first-run. Hopefully they'll get the hang of that...

5. Puppy76

Oct 6, 2004

Advertisements

Thanks for all this info!

Man, that's too bad about Roeper, but at least it sounds like he's doing well! I didn't know he was on TV somewhere. I'd probably enjoy his radio show too.

At least I'm very glad to hear this wasn't him being forced out or something (I mean by Ebert...obviously Disney tried replacing him with Quote Whores, but anyway...)

6. Syzygy

Syzygy New Member

Aug 17, 2000
    Twin Cities, MN
    Can't wait to see if the show is produced in HD! (The HD flag is absent.)

7. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    Yeah, I noticed that too. It would be crazy to start a new show in SD in 2011, but who knows? The old show never went HD.

8. aforkosh

aforkosh Member

Apr 20, 2003
    Oakland, CA
    Ebert's list is not correct for KQED in San Francisco. The Monday evening showing may be the first prime time showing but the actual first showing is on Saturday afternoon at 1:30pm. I didn't have a problem with repeats showing up in a Season Pass.

By the way, as an aside, I have found the HD flag to be pretty useless. Many programs in HD do not show it while some programs on non-HD channels do show it.

9. Puppy76

Oct 6, 2004
    I thought something was up with that flag, since the (to me worthless) "HD items" or whatever folder is always smaller than the number of shows I have.

(The only SD channel I have that I regularly watch is the CW.)

10. CraigK

CraigK (unspecified)

Jun 9, 2006
    North of...
    Seattle must not be one of the top 20 markets since it hasn't been picked up here. :confused:

11. Syzygy

Syzygy New Member

Aug 17, 2000
    Twin Cities, MN
    I think you know this, Craig, but for everyone else: Nielsen has Seattle at #13.

12. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    It is supposed to be a PBS show but it is also showing up on KCET so I get to see it. It premiers later than at KOCE, the real PBS channel.

13. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    It's not a PBS show. It's distributed by American Public Television, which is a competitor to PBS in the business of distributing programming to noncommercial television stations. That's why KCET can get it.

14. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    I distinctly remember Carl Sagan's Cosmos (1980s) bearing a KCET logo. Am I mistaken that KCET is PBS?

P.S. I'm gratified Ebert is back and reviewing movies. That said, his current demeanor is a bit freaky. Given his circumstances, however, I think we're blessed all the same that he's still around and fantasically active.

15. jiffyspam

jiffyspam Member

Feb 18, 2010
    KCET bailed on PBS as of January 1st. They're now an independent station showing reruns of UK shows and anything 'highbrow' it can get its hands on.

Time will tell if this is a success. So far, it's not in ratings land. Probably because all the PBS shows that their audience loved went to rival PBS station KOCE which has an HD presence over the same viewing area. All us viewers had to do was redirect our season passes and the change is invisible.

16. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    The previous version with AO Scott and Michael Phillipe had the black pillar bars on the sides on my local over the air channel. I don't know if that was the fault of my local station. I would set the TV aspect ratio to 4:3 and the aspect correction mode to Zoom on my Tivo HD and the picture would fill the screen without cropping the sides.

17. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It's in HD in Minneapolis, FWIW.

18. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Unless your cable company doesn't carry KOCE because they don't realize it is the real PBS yet. I e-mailed them but nothing has happened yet. It is complicated in my area because we use a thing we call the Booster (a TV repeater) to bring KCET in and I just checked and it does not carry KOCE. The booster sends the signal to our local cable company. So I am stuck.

I will not give any more money to KCET until they rejoin PBS.

19. Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004
    ----- Original Message -----

20. wmcbrine

wmcbrine Well-Known Mumbler

Aug 2, 2003
    I applaud the patience of J. Malley. I hope most of his (?) correspondents are less rude and have less of a misplaced sense of entitlement.