easy media creator 8 & tivo

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by frankievali, Dec 31, 2005.

1. frankievali

frankievali New Member

May 25, 2003
    new york
    is there anyone out there that can tell me how I would go about creating a tivo dvd using easy media creator through tivo to go? I am having a hard time figuring it out and the manual doesn't seem to be helping. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

2. Jan 1, 2006 #2 of 13
    pepperspray

pepperspray New Member

Dec 27, 2005
    I am interested to hear if you get this to work. I just bought a Tivo box last week and have it hooked up to my network. I download recordings to my PC and would like to burn DVDs. The Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 has a lot of features I like including the ability to burn .tivo files to DVD.

So far, I have only read that people are having problems with Roxio Easy Media Creator 8.

3. Jan 3, 2006 #3 of 13
    ksalwitz

ksalwitz Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Gilbert AZ
    I bit the bullet and decided to buy easymedia creator 8. I was already using 7 and really liked the UI and some of the really nice features. When I read ( and it does say that on the box) that it was supposed to support .TiVo files I was psyched. Unfortunately, everytime I try to import a .TiVo file it dies. the program comes up with the infamous "not responding" in Task Manager and is not getting any cycles. If anyone has a clue let me know.

Ken

4. ksalwitz

ksalwitz Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Gilbert AZ
    Ok I think I have this figured out. If you want to use Easymedia creator 8 you will need to do one of the following: 1) use tivotogo version 2.0 (it appears that EMC 8 doesn't support anything after that) or 2) use galleon 2.0.1. I tried to import a file transferred with each and was successful. I just started using galleon and it's very kool. You can start the transfers from the TiVo side among other things.

Ken

5. PThor

PThor New Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Florida
    You can also use something like VideoReDo to edit the program and then output it in a format Roxio can use.

6. JoeyM

JoeyM New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Maryland
    I transferred a video from my Tivo to my PC. Then I used VideoReDo to edit the file. I tried outputting it in a few different ways but I can't get any authoring programs to accept the file. They all say it's not DVD compliant because it's 480x480. Any ideas?

7. rgura

rgura RobGTX

Feb 20, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Not certain about Roxio, but Nero Espress Vision, Sonic MyDVD, can reformat TiVo's 480X480 format to 720X480 mpeg2 (DVD format).

8. ksalwitz

ksalwitz Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Gilbert AZ
    FYI Roxio/Sonic same company. Just check website. Either Product should work the same at the new release. I haven't checked the results from Roxio yet.

Ken

9. bjmarler

bjmarler New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Can someone please explain how in Sonic MyDVD you reformat the TiVO file? When I try to get My DVD 6 to open the .tivo file it gives me an error that it's not compatible.

10. Kivo

Kivo Member

Feb 19, 2003
    Roxio has posted a patch for EMC 8. I was experiencing a bunch of bugs and crashes until updating with this patch. Now everything is working great, including editing Tivo files in VideoWave.

11. Impulses

Impulses New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    Puerto Rico
    Ohh, that's great to hear, so you can import, edit, and burn to disc just fine?

12. bjmarler

bjmarler New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Well, here is what I did. I got Roxio Easy Media Creator, (EMC). I updated it with the patch. Then I tried both "Create & Edit" and "Quick DVD" with a 1 hr TiVO show I had transferred to my pc. Both failed with an error after 2 hrs of encoding. Something about not being able to encode the "menu" or something like that.??? I made no changes in the settings for those 2 attempts. Should I have changed the screen size, etc...?

So, I then tried the "DIVX DVD" feature. That one worked. The DVD I created played in both my computer and my home DVD.

Anyone know why the first 2 attempts failed.

13. Rose4uKY

Rose4uKY Member

Mar 28, 2003
    Kentucky
    I know this is an old thread but I have Creator 9 basic on my new Vista 32 bit machine. I upgraded from the basic which came with something called My Muhvee not My DVD to the Suite. I have an option to convert a Tivo show and it says I need Tivo Desktop 2.3 or higher and I have 2.3 which wasn't suppose to be Vista compatible but it works. The new Tivo Desktop 2.5 doesn't work on Vista 32 bit. So one I can't convert then when I try to add a Tivo show to burn I get another error message file cannot be edited will not add. So I wasted 50 bucks upgrading to the suite and Roxio Tech Support can't help me. I was told I need the 2.5 deskto cause it's vista compatible and that I may be missing a codec the 2.5 has that the 2.3 doesn't. I have no idea how to get this to work. I will probably get a refund. But if anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. I have Creator Suite 9.1

Thanks, Rose