East Coast Network Waiver

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by rick31621, Jan 14, 2006.

1. rick31621

rick31621 New Member

Jun 20, 2004
    So Calif

Advertisements

I currently have a waiver from the networks allowing me both East and West network feeds. I forget what that is called! I line in CA and currently do not get the local channels for fear that might mess things up. Bottom line, what must I not do to jeopardize my current waiver?

Thanks

2. Rhughes

Rhughes New Member

Jan 14, 2001
    Dewey, AZ, USA
    I have the same situation. I was told by D that, if I signed up for the locals, I would lose the East and West networks.

3. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Right. Just don't sign up for locals with DirecTV.

4. newbie101

newbie101 New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    I am in Southern Cal, if I cancel my local channels...will I be able to get the east n west feed?

5. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY

Advertisements

Doubtful, I think once you've had the locals then the DNS option is no longer available.

Has anyone tried it?

6. jimhannon

jimhannon New Member

Aug 25, 2003
    I live in a small mountain community in Northern California and I have both East & West feeds as well as the local channels. The local channels are Sacramento which is a 3 hour drive from here..... I got these with a waiver when I signed up with DTV a couple years ago. I go through a local provider here, not DTV...

7. newbie101

newbie101 New Member

Apr 9, 2005
    Wow, you are lucky...

8. Esteban

Esteban New Member

Apr 20, 2003
    I lost the East West last April. D* contacted me in Feb because locals were finally available in my area. I said I wanted to stay with what I had and skip the locals. D* said that was not an option for legal reasons. I REALLY liked the early feed (I'm in central CA), so I refused to change. When April rolled around, they disconnected me from East and West as promised, and I had to switch to locals or continue with no network tv.

I really miss the East feeds. I still get Fox east, but that's the only network who doesn't care. I did pick up UPN and WB in the exchange, however, so it wasn't a total loss.