Easiest way to burn a Tivo show to disk that will play on any DVD player

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by MacKai, Aug 24, 2007.

1. MacKai

MacKai New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    what is currently the easiest and most reliable way to burn a Tivo show to disk that will play on any DVD player?

I guess I'm a little frustrated because a lot of the posts I find are out of date (more than a year old) and say that Roxio is hard to use or isn't doing its job right. (static, audio lag, etc) I'm willing to buy Roxio if it will perform and is simple to use but I already own Nero... I see many members talking about other methods and programs but again many are old threads that span several years, making them potentially unreliable / out of date

simple, reliable and current.

PM me if necessary.

Ken V.

2. Tico

Tico Bear Down Cats!!!!!

Dec 9, 2002
  3. jlb

jlb Go Pats!

Dec 13, 2001
    Burlington, VT
    You should not need to do step 2 with the most recent version of DYDStyler.

Also, you can use any software capable of burning an ISO for step 5.

Regardless, I use this method and it works like a charm. All software except VideoRedo is free. But VideoRedo is worth every penny.

4. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    You don't say what version of Nero you have, but IMO Nero is a little more user friendly as far as menu creation, disk layout, etc.

I also use and recommend VideoReDo for its ease in editing out commercials (other features like Quickstream Fix are nice, too).

The only problem I have with Nero (at least my version), is that the default volume level that is put on the disk is 1/3 of that of the original.
    I have to go to "edit movie" and then right click on the movie timeline, and then select properties. Once there I can adjust the volume.

5. kpendarvis

kpendarvis New Member

Aug 24, 2007
    I have only found poor (horrible) reviews for Roxio EMC 9. Is there is another program compatible to copy my downloads to disc?

6. dlfl

dlfl Cranky old novice

Jul 6, 2006
    Dayton OH

If you mean make DVD's your question has already been answered in the previous posts on this thread. For members on this forum the answer is either the "Dan203" method or Nero.

7. jtown0620

jtown0620 TIMELORD with TiVo

Jun 17, 2004
    Trinity, Fl.
    The easiest way (though in real time) is to buy a cheap dvd recorder (under $100 @ your local walmart) use the s-video/ component audio and press rec. Cant get much easier. The only thing I use TTG for is to put content on my TiVos.

8. CuriousMark

CuriousMark Forum Denizen

Jan 13, 2005
    SoCal
    Even easier is to use a Humax, Pioneer or Toshiba DVD burner TiVo. It takes 20 minutes to burn a full DVD. You even get a TiVo like menu on the DVD player when you play it back. It is also extremely reliable for me. However, it is not as cheap as your option.

9. Rose4uKY

Rose4uKY Member

Mar 28, 2003
    Kentucky
    I have a question. My computer came with Roxio Creator Basic Version 9. I am buying a portable video player soon by Archos that takes Mpeg4. I was going to buy plus. I have 2.3a and it works on my Vista dektop and today I put 2.5 on my XP laptop in case I put the plus on there. When I was on Tivo's website getting the 2.5 I read about if you have Roxio Suite which I can upgrade to for 49.99 it will convert Tivo shows plus the suite gives me other features the basic didn't come with. Roxio said I just transfer the show to the pc then I can convert it to mpeg 4 which is what my video player will support. So If I buy this Roxio suite and it converts Tivo shows I won't need the plus right? I also want to burn a Tivo show for my friend on DVD and with plus I will get My DVD. Right now I tried using this My Muvee and it kept locking up and wouldn't burn but I am wondering if that's because it needed to be converted first. I don't know but my main concern is if Roxio will convert Tivo shows I don't need the plus correct? Thanks, Rose