E-Ring - 01-11-06

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by speedcouch, Jan 12, 2006.

1. speedcouch

speedcouch Geekneck

Oct 23, 2003
    North Carolina
    Okay episode. Certainly a timely topic with bio-terrorism. Just wish they hadn't wrapped things up so quickly there at the end. Thought this was going to be a two-parter like Commander in Chief and then all of a sudden, it was over.

I liked the black Assistant Secretary guy. Can't believe they wrote him off the show and are "promoting" Sunny to that position. Also, (as with other shows), the quasi-romance thing between her an JT is just silly to me. So now, they won't officially date, but we'll be subjected to long-lingering glances and unfilled feelings.

Also, why is it exactly they cannot use real footage of the DC Metro? I've worked in DC (and the Pentagon in the past), so I know that footage was from somewhere else. I believe they usually use the Baltimore subway instead. I know I've heard it's "illegal" to film the DC Metro from some reason. Anyone out there know why?

I think I'm one of the few that like this show, but it does try my ability at "suspending disbelief" sometimes.

Cheryl

2. PeteEMT

PeteEMT NF2 Guy

Jul 24, 2003
    Unadilla, NY
    My guess would be, maybe it's something like NYC in that although it's a public space it requires a permit and they just don't issue any.

IIRC, An old Bruce Willis movie used a Metro station but it was empty, so if it was the real thing they had closed down the whole station for filming which Im sure added some annoyance.

3. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Tivo's R Us

May 27, 2005
    Fl.Gulf
    Yep they had the black Assistant Secretary Guy all trained now they will have to put up with her and a new lawyer, wonder who that will be?

4. Llwellyn

Llwellyn K3DSL

Jan 12, 2004
    Brooklyn, MD
    Yeah, you're thinking of "The Jackal". I believe they showed the filming in the Metro in the DVD extras; the Metro doesn't always run; they had the window of something like two hours during the overnight shutdown to film everything they wanted to film. All of the people were extras brought in. Maybe E-Ring's crew thought they couldn't pull off all of the production they needed in such a limited timeframe, or maybe they couldn't get a permit.