DVD Recordings...Help

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by strathshire, Jan 15, 2006.

1. strathshire

strathshire New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Has anyone use the CYBERHOME DVR on sale at COMPUSA for $79 to connect to the VCR output on TIVO to record DVD's?

Is this the least expensive way to do the transfers from TIVO and make DVD's ??

What is the best way to make DVD's from TIVO programs saved to my PC HD??

I am new to TIVO>>>>>>>>>>please help

M-------

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Yes, that will work. However, many have had less than stellar results with Cyberhome products. If you have your TiVo programs on your PC now, then just burn them to the PC's DVD burner. If it has one that is.

3. strathshire

strathshire New Member

Jan 14, 2006
    Jim

Thanks for the post. I brought home the CYBERHOME DVD Recorder. It has a lot to add to the TIVO linkup...however, I burned my first DVD and it worked fine only on the CYBERHOME unit and it was unplayable on all my other DVD players...back it goes.

Any suggestions as to DVD recorder brand

M---

4. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    What format discs does the Cyberhome use?

You have to finalize the -R, -RW, and +R discs in order for them to play in other players.

You may want to visit http://club.cdfreaks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46 for info on DVD recorders and players.

5. RonDawg

RonDawg Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2006
    Neither...
    My guess is that the OP forgot to finalize the discs. The CyberHome officially supports +R and +R/W, but unofficially some users have gotten it to record -RW in Video mode as well, depending on the firmware version.

+R and -RW(Video) require finalization before it's playable on other players. +RW does not require finalization, and many plus format machines (in particular Philips, the biggest supporter of the format) won't give you the option to do so.

There has been an extensive discussion of the CyberHome recorder over at AVS Forum:
    http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=544417