Duplicate folders in Now Playing

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tivogurl, May 9, 2011.

1. tivogurl

tivogurl New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    I have some episodes of a show saved in NPL. I deleted the old SD Season Pass and creates a new HD Season Pass. Now new episodes appear in a different folder (with the same name) than the one the old episodes are saved in, even though the shows have identical titles. What's up with that?

2. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    I can think of two possibilities.

1. HD shows kept in folder different from SD shows.

2. Folder-izing seems to be dependent on having upcoming episodes in the guide. Perhaps the old folder has a previous season of whichever show, and after it was off the air for awhile, the folder got "closed out" and when the new season started, a new folder was started to contain it.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    I assume it's because the season passes were aligned with different channels.
    Season passes are channel specific. Even though the name of the show is the same, they came from different sources (channels) so the Tivo sees them as different shows that happen to have the same name.

4. ggieseke

ggieseke Well-Known Member

May 30, 2008
    TMS may assign different unique IDs to the series if it's SD or HD. To be sure you would have to download one of each to your computer and use tivodecode to decrypt the XML metadata.

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Same title recordings from different channels have always been grouped in the same folder - always.

ggieseke's explanation that the SD and HD versions have different ID's seems to be the most logical

6. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    Yeah, I was guessing.
    I'm going to find out for sure. I suspect I'll prove scandia right. :)