duplicate BBC/ITV channels on my tivo live tv guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by mattf1111, Nov 23, 2009.

1. mattf1111

mattf1111 New Member

Nov 19, 2009

Advertisements

I have just purchased a tivo and set it up with a sky digibox.

However with sky you recieve about 10 different BBC 1 channels for different areas, eg. BBC1 South East, BBC1 North east, BBC1 South west and so on. You also get the same with the ITV channels.

when i get up my live tv guide on tivo these are all listed together, meaning that the first few pages of the guide are made up of BBC1/ITV channels for different areas.

BBC1 SOUTH EAST
    BBC SOUTH WEST
    BBC 1 EAST ANGLIA
    BBC 1 NORTH EAST
    BBC 1 SOUTH........you get the idea......

This also means if i choose the season pass option for something which is on BBC or ITV, the tivo will attempt to record the program about ten times over, as the same programme is obviously showing on all the different BBC 1 area channels.

i just wondered if there was a way to get rid of all the different BBC1/ITV area channels from my live tv guide and just have one of each?

Any suggestions would be gratefully recieved!

2. Johnbyte

Johnbyte New Member

Nov 4, 2008
    Not sure why this has happened: IIRC, you enter your postcode during guided set up which should filter out the irrelevant channels. If you don't want to run set up again, go to Messages & Setup ->My Preferences -> Customise Channels -> Channels You Receive, then deselet the ones you don't want.

3. Nero2

Nero2 New Member

Aug 22, 2005
    UK
    Mat,

Go to Message & Setup > My Preferences> Customise Channels > Channels You Receive

From there you can deselect any channel duplicates that you have.

Hope that helps.

(ETA: To slow, see above)