Dual Tuners Toggle HR20?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by F_JavierNY, Oct 29, 2006.

1. F_JavierNY

F_JavierNY New Member

Apr 1, 2005

Advertisements

I loved the ability to toggle between tuners on my Directv Tivo.
    Is that still a feature on the NEW HR20s?

And why do they not support PIP??? :confused:

2. jskamm

jskamm New Member

Oct 10, 2006
    SoCal
  3. F_JavierNY

F_JavierNY New Member

Apr 1, 2005
    SWEET!!

Thanks!!

4. Runch Machine

Runch Machine New Member

Feb 7, 2002
    Minneapolis
    I checked the thread over there and I am sure glad I still my my HD Tivo. They appear to be doing weekly updates on the HR20 software. There is a thread for each week and each thread has hundreds of posts of people complaining about various malfunctions. I guess it paid to not be an early adapter on this one.

5. bonscott87

bonscott87 Done.

Oct 3, 2000

Advertisements

Just depends. Some people are having problems. But many are not. Have had mine for 5 weeks with nary a problem.

6. davsherm

davsherm Active Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Tampa
    Pot... meet kettle...
    Have you checked this forum lately? Two versions of software within the last month, both with fairly significant flaws? HR20 ain't the only one with software issues...

7. bwaldron

bwaldron New Member

Mar 15, 2003
    Brandon, FL
    But with the Tivo we can run the previous software version :)

8. NFLnut

NFLnut This Space For Rent

Apr 22, 2000
    Van Down By...
    The HR20 doesn't have live dual buffers. It is one of the most, if not THE most, requested feature/fix for the HR20. MAJOR blunder on the part of D* to not have done so!

Then again, if you think that the 6.3 release has its problems, and if you don't want your hair to stand on end, then I urge you to NOT go over to the HR20 forum!! :rolleyes:

If I didn't have to have the HR20 to get the locals on sat, I'd be looking hard and fast for a used HR10! TiVo has a proven track record in overcoming problems and ultimately delivering a product that works 99.99999999999999% of the time!

Then again, the compression on the mpeg4 locals provides a picture that is less than impressive, so I may consider at the least having an HR10 with OTA alongside the HR20. Of course, the OTA will eventually be enabled on the HR20, so I *could* go that route, but at least with a backup HR10, I'd still have something with the TiVo functions that I am missing with the D* model.

9. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    Let's remember one thing about MPEG4. It is being used so that DirecTV has the bandwidth to provide 100s of HD locals, not to necessarily improve PQ.