Dual Tuner Question

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by gfxguy, Jan 15, 2007.

1. gfxguy

gfxguy New Member

Dec 15, 2005

Advertisements

I have a series 2 DT, and am going to be getting digital cable service next week.

The dual tuner can have one tuner do the analog, and one do the digital receiver (I guess that's not really accurate, the digital signal is already tuned, but you know what I mean).

Most of the channels are available in both analog and digital; is there a way to tell it specifically to use one over the other?

Edit: let me clarify this. I understand I can hit the live TV button to switch tuners, but when I schedule a season pass, I want it to record specifically from the digital tuner.

2. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    TiVo has a built-in preference when it has two different signal sources. If I recall correctly, for the mix of cable box and RF input, it will choose the higher numbered channel (the cable box). You can't adjust this.

3. gfxguy

gfxguy New Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your response. Up until three digit channels, the listings are the same. In other words, if I choose something on channel 10, it's on channel 10 on both analog and digital. Only after 99 are the channels only on the external box. Obviously, the Tivo needs to select the box for those channels.

4. smithken31100

smithken31100 Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Hockeytown
    When I set my S2 DT the analog channels (2-99) would show up twice in the guide. When I went to channels in the settings to choose the channels I receive (or favorites) the analog channels also show twice in there. One entry for each channel shows cbl and one entry shows box. In my case I deselected the box entry.