Dual Analog Tuners on Tivo HD

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by mrtropicguy, Oct 16, 2007.

1. mrtropicguy

mrtropicguy New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Does the Tivo HD support dual analog tuners without cable cards? I qualify for the lifetime service transfer and don't have an HDTV yet. I was wondering if I would at least be able to record two shows at once with the analog cable tuners without the need for cable cards. I might bite at the transfer if I can do this.

2. LoREvanescence

LoREvanescence Always Autocorrected

Jun 19, 2007
    Salem, MA
    Yes it does. With out cablecards it will support dual OTA and Cable Analog Tuning.

The only instance where the THD would be rendered a 1Tuner system is if it has only 1 Single Stream Cablecard Inserted

3. BurniSco

BurniSco New Member

Oct 16, 2007
    Toluca Lake, CA
    I'll second that. I only have OTA and you can switch between tuners by pressing the LIVETV button among other ways...

4. TiivoDog

TiivoDog FIOS Fast!!!

Feb 14, 2007
    Central PA
    With the THD support 1 Cablecard (digital) 1 analog cable tuner as this would help to save some $ with Comcrap, but still provide dual recording functionality.

5. MickeS

MickeS Active Member

Dec 26, 2002
    To have dual tuner functionality with CableCARD on the TiVoHD, you need either 2 single-stream "s-cards" or 1 multi-stream "m-card". If you have only 1 s-card in it, it will have single-tuner functionality on ALL sources (OTA, analog cabled, digital cable).