DTV won't offer free upgrade on my h10-250, what are my options?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by sangleweb, Jan 17, 2008.

1. sangleweb

sangleweb Member

Nov 21, 2003

Advertisements

CRS was BS with me about the price, 1st she told me I get $100 off on the upgrade plus $10/month for 12 month so I said that's sounds good assuming the price was $199. After a while she told me the price is $199 and I asked her how is $199-100=$199 and she told me the price is $299. I then told here go to DTV and see the price herself but being hard headed, she said that is for new activation only. Bunch of BS. I am pissed now. I am thinking about just lied about my hr10-250 died so they can send me a replacement. Should I do this since I don't have to pay any thing if the receiver died and I do have protection plan. What do ya'll think...?

2. richierich

richierich AKA PLASMAMANIAC

Jul 10, 2002
    Peachtree...
    Call Directv and ask to talk to Customer Retention Dept. because they are better at cutting deals to keep current customers from leaving. I am having an HR20-700 installed tomorrow with a new Slimline 5LNB for $99.

3. gio1269

gio1269 "HR20 Army"

Jul 27, 2006
    My HR10-250 is getting a bit flaky again. I called and I am getting a HR20 as a replacement with the Protection plan. This is the second time this receiver will be replaced. Last time they said I could relocate it when they gave me the HR20 for $19.99 shipped since I owned it.

So it's basically good buy to the HR10 until I get a new HDD and Instant cake it. The maybe, maybe it's a OTA/SD DVR only. But most likely it will be junked.

I am tired of having issues with it, stupid "connect to phone service" crap, slow SPM....:thumbsdown:

4. jimb726

jimb726 New Member

Jan 4, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio

For what its worth, they did my swap under the PP and let me keep the HR10.

5. sangleweb

sangleweb Member

Nov 21, 2003

Advertisements

I called last night and told them that my receiver just stuck on Welcome screen, after 5 mins, she order me a replacement and told to do do what ever I want with my current receiver. That is the advantage of having protection plan I guess. Not that I am cheating or any thing but I rather do this than to beg for a free swap and swapping might also get you 2 additional year of commitment.

6. wkearney99

wkearney99 Bill Kearney

Dec 5, 2003
    Bethesda,...
    Not happy with DirecTV? Do what I did, switch to FIOS on a TivoHD.

7. johnf@home

johnf@home New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    you get the best deals by cancelling service (or threatening to).

I just dumped DirecTV (HR10-250, SAT-T60), for cable (2 TiVo HDs). The last call I got from DirecTV offered me the best "new customer" deal - free installation in up to 4 rooms, a free upgrade to DVR service, and one or two premium channels free for a year (Showtime and something else, IIRC).

8. cobra5wood

cobra5wood New Member

Jan 6, 2005
    St....
    You will get nowhere with the folk's at CSR. I talked to someone in Retention and mentioned I lived in Chicago but had not received either the postcard or e-mail others in my area have for an upgrade offer. I was very low key and only asked for the new HD-DVR, a new 5LNB dish, and a 6X8 Zimwell switcher and would like to only pay $19.98 for the entire package. I did not ask for programming credits. My request was honored with a 2/16 install.