dtv installation no show!!! what to do?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by gregftlaud, Jan 23, 2006.

1. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Member

Jun 16, 2004
    ft...
    i posted in here last week that the roofers re-doing my apt complex roof knocked my triple lnb dish and ota antenna off the 2nd floor side part of my roof onto the ground. the dish and antenna were beyond repair. i called dtv that same day to have them bring out a new dish and antenna and a really tall ladder able to reach a 2nd floor roof. they scheduled me for a repair/install the 23rd (today) between 1-5pm. well, i waited all day long...waited...waited.....then finally at 5:30pm...yes i said 5:30pm this guy named Oscar Hernandez from advanced technologies in south florida.....i assume dtv contracts with them to do repairs and installs.......well, this lazy butt calls me at 530 and tells me that he looked at my work order and just finally noticed i needed like a 40 foot or whatever ladder and that he didnt carry one of those around. he also said my job would take 2-3 hrs when all he had to do was install a new dish and the antenna. the coax lines are still in place. the original install including lines only took 45 min. lazy and what a jerk! he had been working all day and wouldnt you expect that a person, before they go out to do their jobs, would look at their work orders and make sure they have all of their equipment? was he telling me the truth, was he being lazy and just wanted to knock off work and go home, or is this guy just incompetent and ignorant? well....mr oscar told me he would take the work order back to the office when he was done and someone would call me tomorrow morning to come out and do the job. would you believe him?

ok, well...i called dtv and spoke with installation support (which, by the way is very hard to get ahold of because of phone transfer errors) and the guy went over the work order with me and said i was correct that this guy was a creep and should have not done that to me. he gave me the number to advanced technologies (the contractor) ....of course they didnt answer because it was after 5. then i called dtv and somehow immediately got connected to a supervisor who said he just happened to be helping out taking calls because they were very busy. he agreed also with me that this was unacceptable took the guys name down and said he was gonna file a complaint against him. he also told me i should first call advanced technolgies in the morn and see if they are actually gonna come out and if not he gave me some number within dtv to advanced techical and he said was was making notes on my account to prioritize this situation and escalate it and if i called in before noon that i could get a same day install. does this sound like b/s to you too or what? something to appease me?

ok....any advise on what to really do in this situation? who would you call? is customer retention an option on a no show install and maybe threaten to cancel if they dont get someone out here same day since they made me miss an afternoon of work and the guy didnt even call until 30 minutes after the last time he culd have shown up.

please help. i feel like i'm getting the runaround and feel helpless. i hate only having local channels and am also sick of this customer service merry go round dtv has these days!

please advise.

thanks
    greg

2. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    Call the dumbass roofing company and tell them they owe you money for the dish and OTA antenna they broke and they also owe you money for the installation charge.

3. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Member

Jun 16, 2004
    ft...
    dtv isnt charging me b/c i have the dtv protection plan and they think it fell because it was loosened from hurricane wilma

greg

4. minorthr

minorthr Your Ad here

Nov 24, 2001
    Pa
    Your only option is to call D* and complain they may or may not throw you a bone and give you some credits. Also the install company migh sound someone else to do it as well.

5. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Member

Jun 16, 2004
    ft...
    well..the broward county mastec supervisor called at 1255 and someone would be out within the hour. the problem was that they were trying to find a 40 foot ladder to bring out for a 2 story side of the roof install when they only needed a 28 foot ladder!

we'll see if they show and if they are jerk(s)

greg

6. gregftlaud

gregftlaud Member

Jun 16, 2004
    ft...
    within an hour?

still no installer 2:45 minutes later.

looks like i'm gonna get screwed again.

and calling dtv does absolutely no good.

if it wasnt for the nfl sunday ticket i'd be calling comcast right now.

"somebody up there loves you...directv"?????????????????