DT problems recording 2 shows since Update

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by tldmat, Oct 4, 2007.

1. tldmat

tldmat New Member

Jul 1, 2006

Advertisements

Ever since the Fall update my DT series 2 has had problems recording 2 basic cable shows at the same time.

As an example from 8pm-9pm I record Ugly Betty and Earl/30 Rock. I noticed that all of a sudden the Earl/30 rock was missing. I have this all on a season pass and it has worked for a year. When I go to add the Earl/Rock shows it tells me that they overlap with Betty.

I tried to add Big Shots at 10pm and it tells me about overlapping with shows at 8 and 9 pm none of which run beyond 10pm.

Anyone else having this kind of problem. Tivo support had me re-setup my cable line-up but that didn't fix anything. This all worked before the update this week.

2. ghostjwm

ghostjwm New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    I am having the same problem on all 3 of my Tivo's but its only with some shows. It seems right now that Earl, Bones, NCIS and the Office are linked so it won't let me tape all of them. When I go to tape the Office it states that there is a conflict with Bones or NCIS which is interesting because those shows are on Tuesday and not Thursday. This is extremely frustrating as I have rebooted machines, removed and redid the season pass and it still causes a issue. This is only since they did the fall update today.

3. sconi1

sconi1 New Member

May 30, 2007
    I wish I saw this before I started another thread..your not alone!

In the Season Pass Manager, I noticed some programs have a yellow circle with one check while others have a purple circle with two checks...the ones with purple have the same show listed twice.

Also, when I was trying to check the scheduled recordings, the TiVo now seems to prompt conflicting shows that don't really conflict. For example:

I have Family Guy scheduled to tape on Sunday at 9pm. However, TiVo tells me it now conflicts with two shows I have scheduled on Thursday.....CSI at 9 pm and Supernatural at 9 pm. Under normal circumstances these two shows on Thursday tape at the same time because of the dual tuner.

Now I do have a TiVo Series 2 Dual Tuner and all of the main basic cable channels are clicked to record on both analog inputs if there is a conflict. I have never had these issues until the recent software upgrade.

Very strange and frustrating. Anyone have any insight or answers? Has TiVo metnioned anything about it? Thanks