DSR7000 Remote

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by The Flush, Jan 26, 2006.

1. The Flush

The Flush Not So Notable Member TCF Club

Aug 3, 2005
    SO OH
    I am probably going to get a refurbed Phillips DSR7000 from Weaknees on Ebay, which does not have a remote or hard drive.

I assume the remote from my DSR708 will control the DSR7000, correct?

What's the best place to get another remote identical to the one that came with DSR708? $49 from Weaknees seems kind of high. I want all the remotes to be identical to increase the WAF. A lot of the remotes on ebay seem to be an older style than the one that came with the DSR708. The DSR708 remote has the DTV button at the top instead of the Tivo button.

Thanks.

2. Diana Collins

Diana Collins Well-Known Member TCF Club

Aug 21, 2002
    New York...
    The 708 remote will indeed work with the 7000. Personally, I prefer the SA TiVo style Series 2 remote (with the DVR 1/2 switch). It has the TV power button in the right place.

If you can't find what you want on eBay, then Weaknees is your best bet.

3. dishrich

dishrich Active Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    If you are going to have 2 DVR's, (in the same room particulary) you actually might be better off getting one of these SII's remotes:

http://www.weaknees.com/images/tivo_remote/s2_sa_tivo2.jpg

While they were intended for the standalone units, they will work just fine with the D-Tivo's - the only real differences are:

-There is no LIST button, but all you need to do is hit the TIVO button twice & you're there

- You can't switch the remote to do TV channel changes - it will still do volume & input selection

I got some of these for a couple customers who have 2 DVR's on the same TV & they really liked only needing 1 remote for both units. Since both units play throughout the house (via 2 modulated channels) they work well on secondary TV's as well.

Here's a comparison chart of the various remotes - very helpful.

http://www.weaknees.com/tivo_peanut_remote.php

4. mrs2r

mrs2r New Member

May 16, 2006
    helpful

5. chamelea

chamelea New Member

Feb 18, 2004
    USA West Coast
    I have a DSR-7000, works so great w/ 6.2 that I never use the SAT-60 anymore. I recently added a 5.1 sound system and DVD recorder, so the remotes were multiplying like rabbits! ... and control was a hassle, so I accepted D*'s Harmony 676 offer.

You'll see mixed reviews on the "effort" to sign-on to Logitech every time you need to tweak things a bit, but I'm totally sold on the H-676, and bought a second one just to ice the cake.

If you want an original peanut remote for the DSR-7000, send a PM .... I'll never go back.