DRT800 and HD......Direct/Dish

Discussion in 'DVD TiVo Units (Archive)' started by Weapon X, May 7, 2008.

1. Weapon X

Weapon X New Member

Nov 14, 2005

Advertisements

I have a rather odd question.
    I want to upgrade to HD via Direct TV or Dish Network and currently have Dish Network in SD. I also have the Humax DRT800 and do not want to get rid of that due to the convenience of burning the SD DVD of recorded cooking programs.
    Will I run into issues hooking up the Humax to the HD Satellite box so I can use the Humax as the channel tuner (as I currently have it hooked up through Dish SD) and still have access to all the channels (both HD and SD) and only record the SD versions???
    I ask because my brother has Dish and with both HD and SD when you enter the channel, for lets say the Foood Network (110 on dish), it automatically goes to the HD channel. Will this confuse the Humax????
    I am hoping that once it is hooked up it will give me the option of which "definition" channel to actually record from when I set it up.

2. ctrl-alt-del

ctrl-alt-del New Member

May 5, 2005
    I just set up DirecTV yesterday with my Humax. My problem is it's showing HD channels. The Humax doesn't have an issue confusing channels though. There must be some logic built in with either the DirecTV receiver or the Humax.