Drive - Do we care?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by catcard, Jun 20, 2007.

1. catcard

catcard MoxiDVR

Mar 2, 2001
    Honey...

Advertisements

July 4th there are two episodes advertised a the "final" episodes. I am assuming these are only the two episodes following the 3 or 4 that have already been show - not finale episodes at all? I decided it was not worth it to record them :(

2. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I like Nathan Fillion. I'll check out his performance. The show didn't really seem to be going anywhere, though.

3. catcard

catcard MoxiDVR

Mar 2, 2001
    Honey...
    I really like Nathan too but if they don't have a finale then it is like reading a book and halfway thru you discover the last half is missing!

4. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Eh, as long as I'm going into it knowing it won't be resolved, I can get some enjoyment out of it.

5. ping

ping New Member

Oct 3, 2005

Advertisements

I'm assuming they took all this time to recut/reshoot them to have some resolution. I can't imagine they'd bother to just burn existing episodes this way. I'll definitely be watching.

6. IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    I wouldn't put it past them to just burn off existing episodes. I doubt they'd spend money on a series they're canceling to resolve the arc.

7. catcard

catcard MoxiDVR

Mar 2, 2001
    Honey...
    Yes, I figured they are just filling time on the schedule....

8. bqmeister

bqmeister New Member

May 12, 2006
    I'll watch.

9. dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    I am really trying to decide if I care or not. I am sure my season pass will pick them up and I will watch them when I am bored some night.

10. JLucPicard

JLucPicard Active Member

Jul 8, 2004
    West St....
    I would probably have cared more if I hadn't deleted the eps I had "in the can" when it was announced that it was cancelled. Now? Couldn't care less.

11. alyssa

alyssa Active Member

Dec 7, 2003
    Sunny SoCal
    The last ep is being announced as a season finally

12. ElJay

ElJay Active Member

Apr 6, 2005
    This is Fox....... Don't try to figure out or assume that there's any logical reasoning behind what they're doing.

13. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Nope, sorry, don't care. If they had filmed enough episodes to come to some sort of conclusion, maybe, but these two episodes won't do that.

14. drew2k

drew2k Drew != Drawn

Jun 9, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Don't care. Forx burned me on this and too many other shows for me to make the effort to watch. There are other things to TiVo, and I'd rather those other shows get whatever "credit" they can from DVR measuring services than let Fox get that credit ...

15. PopcornGuy

PopcornGuy New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Fox is likely just burning off the last two unaired episodes without editing the ending trying to sucker the viewers that watched the first three hours and didn't know it was cancelled. We'll have a week of big hype for "The shocking 2-hour season finale of DRIVE" then it's never to be seen or heard from again. Or, they'll make it out to be a stand-alone 2-hour program...a race with no beginning or ending (or plot for that matter). Thanks for nothing again FOX!

16. jschuur

jschuur TV-holic, improving

Nov 27, 2002
    London, UK
    Count me in the 'don't care' camp. I don't doubt for a second that they're just taking whatever the last few episodes that they filmed where, which will have no resolution whatsoever (Heist, anyone?). Unless there's a resolve, I'm not watching. If there is, the show might end up on DVD and I'll rent those.

In fact, I'm finally going to stop falling for Fox and not watching any of their new shows until I've pilled up at least half a dozen and the show hasn't been canceled. I'm also dumping Prison Break and didn't bother with the last few The Loop episodes.

17. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    I'll watch them. The individual episodes were entertaining enough and I will chance a series finale.

18. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'll watch, but I'm expecting nothing. The fact that they're airing them on July 4th tells me that they haven't done any editing or anything to try and make them any better or come to any resolution. They're probably contractually obligated to air them and the 4th of July is the least watched timeslot they could think of to burn them off. If FOX doesn't already have some sort of patriotic fireworks program, people were unlikely to be watching their channel on that night anyway, so it's not really any loss to them.

19. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    I'll let you guys be the guinea pigs. If I come here July 5 and everyone tells me the "finale" sux, I won't watch it.

20. Bierboy

Bierboy Seasoned gas passer

Jun 12, 2004
    Fishers, IN
    + me