DRIVE Canceled

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by Gene Plantz, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Gene Plantz

Gene Plantz tivo BOLT OTA

Dec 31, 1999
    Hoffman...

Advertisements

Fox has canceled DRIVE. It is no longer in my guide data.

2. nlsinger

nlsinger w00tever

Feb 8, 2006
    Eucalyptusla...
    FOX s*cks. I think they like messing with producer Tim Minear's head, like Lucy and the football.

3. Lazlo123

Lazlo123 New Member

Nov 7, 2006
    from what i understand two more episodes will be aired this summer, but after that i guess it is canned. I was really starting to like this show too! Did it seem like it was a really short pilot for it? 3 or 4 episodes is enough for Fox to determine a large enough fan base will not form?

4. au_en_bear

au_en_bear Member

Nov 11, 2003
    southeast
    This really sucks. With all the crap on TV a new show with some potential comes along and a bunch of moron execs put "House" reruns on instead of giving us the two episodes already finished? This country is longing and begging for some decent programming (I am so tired of "reality" I could puke) but it takes a little time for the water cooler crowd to talk up a new show and get a fan base started.

5. rdrrepair

rdrrepair Bill Knapp

Nov 24, 2006
    845 New York

Advertisements

Drive canceled? That stinks, I really liked the show. :mad:

"Another one bites the dust" :thumbsdown:

6. nethead12

nethead12 New Member

Jul 17, 2001
    Gainesville,...
    Thanks FOX, I had the first four on my TIVO for today's viewing.

Guess what, now they are deleted....wonderful, why watch something that will never be finished.

Got to love the new American TV programming trend, put a show on and then cancel it and never finish a story. Another reason to love TIVO, I learned long ago to record some eps of a new show and see if it will last, if not, I don't WASTE my time watching it.

DRIVE did seem like it would have been worth watching, guess I'll wait for a DVD release with all the un-air eps....

7. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Thank you Timur. Such a positive, uplifting post. And enlightening too! Living in Austin obviously hasn't helped your outlook in life. :thumbsdown:

I too had the first few episodes on my TiVo. Was waiting for the summer doldrums to watch 'em. Just turned them back into random electrons.

8. patrickd88

patrickd88 New Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Imperial, MO
    Really, what are you expecting from FOX? If it's not a hit in 1.3 episodes, it's out.

9. bcrider

bcrider TiVo Rebel

Oct 31, 2000
    Downtown...
    I'm really getting sick of FOX canceling shows so quickly... I was just promoting "Drive" to friends and family as a really cool show to start watching then FOX does this... Ugh...

10. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    I've recorded everything that aired but never got around to watching any of it. I'm glad I haven't invested any time in this show yet. Makes it a lot easier to delete and move on.

11. Schmye Bubbula

Schmye Bubbula Member

Oct 14, 2004
    Oh goodie, I get to be the first to say it:
    Burn in hell, FOX!

12. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    The order was for 13 episodes. Only six had been filmed when the axe fell.

13. bilbo

bilbo New Member

Dec 7, 2004
    It's pretty bad when the show hasn't even revealed all the spoilers from the opening credits to the show (before it gets cancelled).

14. sieglinde

sieglinde Active Member

Aug 11, 2002
    Sebastopol, CA
    Thankfully, I have watched them all, more or less live. It was a good show and interesting but the premise was so strange and seemingly dumb that I can see it not attracting an audience. Also having two episodes on Sunday was not a good move, they should have just started it on Monday with an hour episode.

15. rkester

rkester a rkester says what?

Jan 10, 2005
    tulsa area,...
    A shame, but it IS fox so what did we expect?

Worse part, I will be watrching the last 2, knowing that nothing will be resolved. Oh well. :/

16. weymo

weymo timeshifter

Jan 26, 2003
    Atlanta
    As with all of Fox's new shows, I use the stow-and-go approach. I don't even start watching until the show hits the 6th episode and Fox appears to have a commitment to the series. But you see, unfortunately it's a business about eyeballs not quality and if they suckered you in for a few hours then they sold that ad revenue...and that's all that matters to NewsCorp/Murdock...and how long before the "complete first season" is available on DVD (or pay-per-download on YouTube.)

Reel 'em in.

I hear that Prison Break is good, but now I can't be bothered to start from the beginning...I think I'm down to watching just '24' on our affiliate.

I just laughed and laughed and laughed when my wife started (and liked) 'The Wedding Bells.' Another 'told you so' under my belt.

17. GusMan

GusMan Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Yep... this sucks. While the plot may not have appealed to "everyone" the fact is that not every show has to have a huge appeal to become popular within a certain viewing demographic.

On top of that, I thought it was great that Fox put the episodes online - with out ads- and I was able to watch them while on the road.

Bad move, Fox... bad move.

18. tomm1079

tomm1079 Member

May 10, 2005
    this is the first time i am saying this...

I held back after all those other shows....but now you promote the hell out of this....get me interested...and i like then....like all the others...you pull it.....

so for that for the first time i am saying...

Burn in hell, FOX!

19. Dssturbo1

Dssturbo1 New Member

Feb 22, 2005
    D U H!

20. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    my wife told me that a season finale showed up but i forget what day etc she said. I know it's not truly going to air anyway