1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dreaded v312 streaming app error

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by tfrisinger, Sep 29, 2017.

1. tfrisinger

tfrisinger New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Boston. MA
    Hi all,

Just purchased a Bolt+. However none of the streaming apps (Netflix/Amazon/etc) work giving the v312 error saying the app is still loading and to try back later. I've tried all combinations of checking/unchecking the apps and forcing connections, unplugging TiVo, etc. I'll also tried doing a clean reset twice all to no avail.

It's frustrating that a device that bills itself was a steaming device can't actually stream.

TiVo support was no help. Went thru the above with them as well only to finally be told it's a known issue and they are working on it. *sigh*

I've seen threads of people complaining about this issue a year ago so I'm not sure how urgently TiVo is trying to address this.

Anyone have this issue or found a solution to it? I otherwise love the Bolt+ (and the two minis I got to go with it). Really disappointed right now.

thanks,
    -tom

2. tfrisinger

tfrisinger New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Boston. MA
    FWIW Amazon/Netflix/etc work perfectly on both minis.

3. cjroos1

cjroos1 New Member

Sep 26, 2017
    I have the same problem with all my streaming services upon trying to initially setup my new 500 gig bolt. I told the agent that I had tried a "Clear and delete everything" reset and still no joy. He had me do an unclick the Netflix service, contact Tivo service, reclick Netflix in the manage apps, contact Tivo service, wait 3 minutes and re-try Netflix... all to no avail. The agent indicated that resolution should be forthcoming in about 5 days. FYI, streaming works great on my Roamio OTA, this Bolt is a replacement for a Premiere 4, by their latest upgrade program.
    In my read of past threads, it looked to my like a system software update may solve it. Let's see what magic happens...

4. BigHat

BigHat Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Arlington VA
    So irritating. Just installed my 3TB Bolt+ and can't get any apps either (v312). Updated from a Premiere too. Tried all the tricks to no avail. TiVo software stability sucks more than ever and I have had units non-stop since 1999.

5. sideshot

sideshot New Member

May 9, 2008
    same here bolt+ v312

6. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Having the same problem. I'm just going to return my Bolt while I still can. This is ridiculous

7. sculpture

sculpture New Member

May 27, 2006
    Same problem with new 3T Bolt+ out of the box all apps v312

8. Cheezmo

Cheezmo Active Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Same here, new Bolt+

9. PooperScooper

PooperScooper Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Leominster, MA
    +1 with new Bolt+

Edit: I tried Netflix, Amazon, HBO Go, YouTube, and Vudu. Only Vudu works.

Seems like something TiVo needs to do: TiVo Mini netflix error v312

This has been happening for 2 years or more.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
  10. MrPlastic

MrPlastic Member

Apr 27, 2008
    Austin, Tx
    Not that I want to join the club, but same here. New Bolt+ and v312 luckily it's not that important to me.

11. Einselen

Einselen ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Apr 25, 2006
    Just got my Bolt+ setup today. Bought it for the faster Netflix, Amazon and HBO Integration (from Premier XL4). I do have other devices that support those apps, but wanted the unified system. Tested my Mini and it loads Netflix without an issue, so wondering what can be done to fix. Rather not have to do the reset all settings as it took multiple times to just get the cable card and tuning adapter to play nicely with the box so I did multiple guided setups already.

12. jwp543@

jwp543@ New Member

Jan 18, 2016
    Same problem: Bolt+ will not download apps (v312)
    (UPDATE)
    The problem was caused by the router firewall. After turning it off, the apps came in. Go to Settings & Messages, Network Settings, Tivo Service Connection to reload the apps. Make sure you have checked the apps you want installed. Turn the router firewall on again after the apps have loaded.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    PooperScooper likes this.
  13. ScorpioATL

ScorpioATL New Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Well I guess I'm glad its not just me.. but I also want to get all the shows transferred from my old Tivo and if I have to do another factory reset (tried it once to no avail). I just about had my new bolt set up (updated drive, copied passes and shows) then realized I still didn't have apps. Unfortunately I was deleting shows from my old DVR as I copied them and now those are lost from the factory reset. Boo

14. tfrisinger

tfrisinger New Member

Sep 27, 2004
    Boston. MA
    I'd encourage everyone having this issue to contact TiVo customer support. Maybe if enough of us complain it'll get resolved quickly. If they say this is the first they've heard of it have them reference my case: #07283514. And of course if you get any useful info please post it here.

15. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Here's my story:

I called on Thursday to report this, we went through a bunch of troubleshooting and the rep appeared to do some things on the backend first (this delay might have just been looking up procedures). We disabled the apps, dialed in twice, rebooted, re-enabled, and dialed in again and it didn't fix the issue. The rep said this was a "known issue" and others are having the problem and she'd escalate my ticket to TiVo engineering and it'd be resolved within 48 hours.

Fast forward to yesterday (Saturday) and I didn't hear anything and I'm still having the issue so I called back. Basically, after getting to a "supervisor" I was advised that my original call had not been escalated, but they super pinky promised that they were escalating it this time, and it would now be 3-5 business days before it would be resolved.

I plan on calling back during the day on Monday to see if it was actually escalated. If I don't feel comfortable about it, I plan to call the customer service line instead of the technical support line. Last time I talked to customer service they were US based, technical support seems to be Philippines based. I'm hoping if I can get someone in the US they will at least be in the same building as someone who can get something done.

16. mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Active Member

Nov 27, 2014
    I dont have a Bolt + but this is unacceptable. Did this start after you had it for a while, or out of the box in which case...return it!

17. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Out of the box. I'm giving them a week or two to fix it but I am definitely going to return it if it's not fixed by the end of my return period

18. PooperScooper

PooperScooper Member

Aug 22, 2007
    Leominster, MA
    I just checked and Netflix and Amazon apps are now working on my Bolt+. (They haven't worked since I setup the Bolt+ on the 28th.) I didn't do anything special since setting up the box and copying of over the passes and shows from my XL4.

19. Cheezmo

Cheezmo Active Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Plano, TX
    Mine are working fine today also. (Checked Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu)

20. Nak

Nak Active Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Same here. I upgraded (transferred lifetime service ) from a premiere. My Bolt+ bought in June works fine. The one delivered Friday--no apps. V312 error. I called Tivo CS today and was told ALL NEW BOLTS ARE BROKEN. That's right, Tivo said that EVERY bolt they are selling now is broken. I have a hard time believing that, but maybe it's true? Anyways, after an hour--yes, an hour on the phone with CS-- I talked them into replacing mine. So, we'll see. I have a brand new 1TB Bolt I am also setting up today. I'll report back to see how these other 2 bolts do.

Here's a question: Everyone that has a non-functional Bolt (with the V312 Apps error), where did you get your Bolt? Also, anyone that has bought a Bolt recently that DOES work, where did get it? What I'm trying to figure out is if Tivo is selling all the returned broken Bolts as new, and maybe Best Buy and Amazon are getting actual new Bolts...