Downton Abbey--Scheduling Question

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by palimpsest, Jan 30, 2012.

1. palimpsest

palimpsest New Member

Jan 30, 2012
    This question might belong in a more technical board, but here it is: I scheduled Tivo to record the early morning rebroadcast of Sunday night's first run of episode 3. The Play List shows it was recorded, but when I ran the show, I got instead The Queen's Palaces, which is scheduled, according to Tivo, for tonight at 10 PM. I checked the PBS schedule, and it shows DA broadcast not between 2 and 3 AM (as Tivo "thought") but between 3 and 4 AM. Something similar happened to the Daily Show from Thursday night and then, when I noted the problem, and rescheduled to record the 6:30 AM rebroadcast, again I got another show, though in both instances Tivo claimed the content was the Daily Show. Are these just flukes, or is the quality of data Tivo relies on (and I rely on) getting buggy?

2. Kablemodem

Kablemodem Get the ketchup.

May 26, 2001
    Sherman...
    TiVo can only record based on the data provided. If the programming data is wrong you will get the wrong show. I have had no problems recording Downton Abbey. If you reveal where you are from and what channel you are recording, you might hear from others who might have had the same problem or can verify that they have not had the same problem.

3. palimpsest

palimpsest New Member

Jan 30, 2012
    I'm in the San Francisco area, use Comcast and the channel is 709 for HD broadcasts. The PBS schedule shows the Queen's Palaces was broadcast between 2 and 3 AM, which is when Tivo believed it should have been Downton Abbey. Did anyone else on this board encounter the same problems?

4. ThePennyDropped

ThePennyDropped Now I get it.

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    If you can't find a rebroadcast of the episode you missed, you might be able to watch it on PBS' website or their iDevice app (assuming you have an iDevice).

5. ewolfr

ewolfr .

Feb 12, 2001
    SoCal
    Every single episode of Downton Abbey is available via "alternate means" in both standard def and HD. If all else fails just get it that way instead.

6. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    Where I live, I happen to be able to get three different PBS channels (NH, MA, and RI). I have found the hard way that the RI channel's guide is wrong about 75% of the time in the early morning hours. I no longer set TiVo to record on that station unless it's between the hours of 9 am and 9 pm.

7. Odds Bodkins

Odds Bodkins Doug's Dad

Jun 7, 2006
    Are they planning on airing the Xmas Special over here?

8. dbranco

dbranco Active Member

Nov 20, 2003
    NH
    Hope so! According to TV.com, it's "Episode 9" (of 9).

9. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    GRR, I had something happen similar to the OP.

I tried to record the 3rd Sherlock Holmes episode, and it apparently started an hour later than the guide data said.. I got an hour of Downton Abbey then a half hour of sherlock holmes.. Nuked it after I realized this AFTER downloading to computer.