Downgrading Roamio to remove Exp. 4?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Car guy, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Car guy

Car guy New Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Will a factory reset remove experience 4 on a Roamio? I don't mind losing everything, I just want 4 gone.

Thanks,
    Mike

2. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE
  3. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    No, a simple factory reset (Clear & Delete Everything) won’t get you back to TE3 ... but the rollback procedure linked above *will*, and it’ll include a factory reset, removing all your programs and settings.

4. Car guy

Car guy New Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Losing everything isn't a worry, my shows are backed up and I have no problems with going through a complete setup. I just want 4 gone (at least until they force it).

Thanks

5. chiguy50

chiguy50 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Just out of idle curiosity (and as one who has yet to take the TE4 plunge), what was it exactly that convinced you to roll back?

6. Car guy

Car guy New Member

Sep 22, 2017
    I haven't done it yet, probably this weekend.

I don't like the way the guide is. Navigating 2 hour blocks at a time sucks, I can't see a full day. It is also a little slower navigating some of the menus and getting information from programs. I like the old way of seeing a list of all 4 tuners at once and what channel they were on. Now it's some large thumbnails and can only see 2 1/2 or 3. Having some issues transferring between TE4 devices. A TE3 can still get programs from a TE4 box. The online transfer isn't working but I'm still narrowing that down to see if it's my home network causing the problem.

7. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    When you initiate the Online Transfer, your To Do List on the receiving box should have the transfer displayed almost instantly. If it fails there will probably not be an entry in History/Recording Activity.

8. Car guy

Car guy New Member

Sep 22, 2017
    Yeah, I don't see any indication from either box that something is or will soon be happening. I see both boxes and their recordings. I wish it would show an error somewhere.

9. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    TE4 version of live guide can be accessed by pressing the up key on the remote.

10. Car guy

Car guy New Member

Sep 22, 2017
    I know, but it only shows 4 thumbnails at a time.