Downgrade / Revert from Hydra?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by thalador, Oct 30, 2017.

Tags:
  1. thalador

thalador Member

Oct 25, 2007
    So I upgraded to Hydra today on my bolt and roamio. Not 100% thrilled, but I will give it time. My daughter and grandson use the roamio and hate it. I have looked at how to downgrade but there is no "here is how" it is more of just complaining. So, how do I revert? Zatz references a downgrade tool from Tivo but I cannot find it. Can anyone shed some light? I use KMTTG so have all the recording info saved and can be reimported.

Thanks!

2. idksmy

idksmy Guest

Jul 16, 2016
    This has been a very common question over the past 36 hours. Tivo_Ted has said the applications on the Roamios and Bolts will be made available soon.

3. thalador

thalador Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Thanks, I just saw something in the many, many pages of posts that keep updating.. Tried to delete this but unable to

4. JACKASTOR

JACKASTOR Active Member

May 26, 2011
    ONTARIO,...
    You know, when change comes it always comes with a lot of kicking and screaming. We as a technological people sure do a lot of kicking and screaming. At the end of the day when the latest Change moves to the past we start the cycle all over again and lament about how much we liked the previous version. The Hydra interface when properly configured does offer a nice look and feel. Its smart and intuitive to some extent and although there are features I want and miss, I am very happy with it. I realize that you and yours may not like the change, but at the end of the day giving it a go is not so bad of an idea. The downgrade feature will result you in wiping your TiVo to Virgin status. Meaning all content will be erased. I don't know if that will affect pairing or not. The Downgrade app will be made available at a late time according To TiVo_Ted. When exactly I don't know. But if you don't like it you don't like and there is nothing wrong with that. Just like the White look of the Bolt it may grown on you! Although I still like the black look.

Hail Hydra

Jack

kpeters59 likes this.
  5. lpwcomp

lpwcomp Well-Known Member

May 6, 2002
    John's...
    If reverting means losing everything, then "giving it a go" is a terrible idea, especially since I have yet to hear of any feature that makes Hydra a must have.

stile99, samccfl99 and CoxInPHX like this.
  6. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    We are in the early days of this UI. There is no need to rush into a change just for change sake. We know quit allot about Hydra and there are enough people trying it out that questions can be asked.

I would suggest asking yourself why you want a new UI - meaning what is wrong with the old HDUI. Then ask yourself based on what has been posted does the new UI fix the issues you are having with the old UI and then ask yourself if any of the issues people have with the new UI would be a problem for you.

After all that make an informed decision to change to Hydra or wait.

osu1991, CoxInPHX and JACKASTOR like this.
  7. Dean Johnson

Dean Johnson Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Your response shows xactly why Tivo blew it with this upgrade. Comments like things I miss and intuitive to some extent... this upgrade should be 100% better not we expect people to be complain because we took away stuff they liked and it isn’t as intuitive as we hoped it would be. Tivo you neeed to wake up. No more excuses. Fix hydra or face the consequences of falling sales and defecting customers. You don’t get how serious this screwup is. Yes it’s really bad wake up.

8. Dan203

Dan203 Super Moderator Staff Member TCF Club

Apr 17, 2000
    Nevada
    I agree. There is more bad about Hydra than good. I plan on downgrading the one unit I upgraded as soon as I can. Luckily it's a Bolt OTA in my office that I rarely use directly and mostly access via a Mini or the app so its not hurting me too bad. But if it were my main unit I'd be kind of p*ssed that I upgraded.

shwru980r and stile99 like this.
  9. dataman702

dataman702 New Member

Dec 30, 2017
  10. SOGLAD

SOGLAD Thank You ALL !

Aug 17, 2019
    California
  11. kellykhori

kellykhori New Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Prescott...