1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrade Error

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Montgomery Burns, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Montgomery Burns

Montgomery Burns New Member

Jun 7, 2018
    So I am finally able to start the downgrade process on one of my tivos, but after the wheel thing spins for a while I get an error that says it may be a problem with my network. I have tried all the troubleshooting steps I can find, including restarting everything and I have even bypassed my router and plugged the tivo directly into the cable modem with no luck. The funny thing is that the network status on the tivo is fine. I can connect to and even downloaded some additional updates without a problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

There are a couple thing that I have thought of that may or may not have an impact on the problem. I am in the process of going back to cable from satelite and will be doing all the hookups this weekend, so...
    1) There is no cable card in the tivo at this time.
    2) This Tivo has not been activated yet.

It was originally something I bid on at ebay and didn't think I was going to win for the $75 bid I put in, so I bought another Tivo that included a mini for a good price. My thoughts were that I could keep it for a backup in case the other tivo goes out or in case I hate the Mini performance on my other TV.
    Do you think either of these issues could cause a problem? I am able to go through guided setup without a problem so it shouldn't be the issue. If I can't remove this UI, then I will not be activating or using this tivo.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    This is most likely the problem. I tried the downgrade option a few hours ago. I got the BSC but eventually the slide show started and I was given the choices.

Note: You can activate the box online. If you do, then decide to kill it within 30 days, you get the money back.

Mikeguy likes this.
  3. Montgomery Burns

Jun 7, 2018
    Thanks. I'll give activating it a shot.

4. Montgomery Burns

Jun 7, 2018
    Hey, It worked! I'm back to the beautiful and functional UI!