Double button presses in 7.2.1

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by entropy, Mar 29, 2006.

1. entropy

entropy New Member

Apr 1, 2002

Advertisements

"Double button presses" (where you press a button on the remote and the TiVo responds as if you pressed two buttons) seem to be back, on my AT&T Series 2 units with 7.2.1. TiVo sent me a new remote, which fixed the problem under the older software, but the problem is now occurring again with the new remote. For the record, both of these units have been upgraded with larger hard drives.

(I recently got 7.2.2 on two of my units, but I haven't had enough experience to know if the problem occurs there as well.)

TiVo REALLY should fix this in software, since they broke it in software. Sending people new remotes (remotes that don't work with Sony TiVos) isn't really the optimal solution.

~ Kiran <entropy@io.com>

2. hunter69

hunter69 New Member

Feb 9, 2002
  3. entropy

entropy New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    You reported that your TiVo sees 4 or more clicks. That's probably not exactly the same problem--I think this is a resurfacing of the double button problem from 7.1--but maybe you got "lucky" and the rest of us will get this bug soon. :-(

BTW, I used the same subject line intentionally.

~ Kiran <entropy@io.com>

4. entropy

entropy New Member

Apr 1, 2002
    The bug definitely exists in 7.2.2, and in fact I encountered its worst form IMO: using the instant replay button repeatedly will cause the TiVo to jump back to the show info screen.

I really wish TiVo would *fix* this ****ing bug instead of making excuses about it.

~ Kiran <entropy@io.com>