Don't forget if you want to cancel your transferred subscription

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by jfh3, Sep 4, 2007.

1. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    We are coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the Series 3 lifetime transfer issue.

Remember, that if you transferred your lifetime service to your Series 3, you actually paid for a year of service on the original box WHICH WILL CONTINUE UNLESS YOU CANCEL IT.

I don't remember if the service continues on a month-to-month basis after the year is up, but thought a reminder might be in order for some that might have forgotten about it.

I have no need for those contracts, so I'm canceling mine. I would keep one active if Tivo would just charge me $6.95 month to month, but that's no longer an option.

2. ah30k

ah30k Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2006
    Is there a web way to cancel (I couldn't find one) or do you have to call? Mine expires 9/16 and I have no need to keep it active.

3. dbenrosen

dbenrosen New Member

Sep 20, 2003
    New Jersey
    I could be mistaken, but I thought that once my year expires, I would be "grandfathered" into the $6.95/month price. I even was under the (probably mistaken) impression that if I switched the year subscription to a different box before the year was up, that box would get the grandfathered rate.

I certainly don't want to pay over $6.95/month for my old S1, but I don't want to retire it while it still works and faithfully records my kids' shows.

4. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    No, but Tivo customer support has a dedicated option for canceling service.

5. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area
    I presume the $6.95 would apply, since that box would have been activated prior to the new pricing, but I don't know.

6. The TiVo Dude

The TiVo Dude Member

Jun 9, 2004
    One would hope - but no. I've got 2 and getting charged $12.95 per.

7. boblip11

boblip11 New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Clinton,...
    You need to call to get it lowered to 6.95....otherwise you will be charged 12.95 when your one year runs out.

I think it is really stupid of Tivo to make us call in to get it lowered. I had to spend 53 minutes on the phone to get it fixed last night.

If you do call....go straight to the cancelation people. The normal billing people cannot fix the problem.