Don't (ABC game show)

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cheesesteak, Jun 15, 2020.

1. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    After watching the first episode, it might as well be named Won't since I won't be watching any more of it. I hoped it would be a fun summer tv show where people got bonked upside the head by miscellaneous objects. People did in fact get bonked upside the head but it wasn't fun or funny. The family in the first episodes all had obnoxious Brooklyn accents that sounded like bad imitations of people with Brooklyn accents.

It was a pain trying to set a tivo OP for this show since so many things start with "Don't" that I ended up fast forwarding through two days worth of guide data to record the first episode. Not worth it.

LlamaLarry and Donbadabon like this.
  2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    Part of it was good
    The Spicy challenge and the Don't Blink one

But the Tire one and the bird/foul one were just stupid

Probably done as well unless I'm really bored

LlamaLarry likes this.
  3. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
  4. Donbadabon

Donbadabon Bored TCF Club

Mar 5, 2002
    Nashville, TN
    I agree 100%.

Plus the Brooklyn family, they were dumb as stumps.

5. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Don't watch this show. I tried to and it was horrible.

6. cheesesteak

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    I thought the Ryan Reynolds voice overs were annoying too.

7. ThePennyDropped

ThePennyDropped Now I get it.

Jul 5, 2006
    Northeast US
    Those comments were the only part of the show I liked!

LoadStar and MikeMar like this.
  8. Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Still got to be more search-friendly than Episodes...

ThePennyDropped likes this.
  9. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    It was WAY better than that other comedy/game show I slammed a few weeks ago.. It was still stupid, but at least the voiceover comments were funny.. Amusing to halfway-pay attention to at 1.5x while playing on my phone.

10. LoadStar

LoadStar LOAD"*",8,1

Jul 24, 2001
    Milwaukee, WI
    Just OK. Would have been better on cable, uncensored, and letting both Adam and Ryan go nuts. As it was, it just felt too restrained, like they were trying too hard to be “family friendly edgy,” which isn’t really a thing.

11. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    The one woman with the thick accent was actually a Staten Island accent (and you would have to live in the area to notice :))

I might watch another episode or so, but I agree, it was really dumb and the Ryan Reynolds dub ins made it all that much more dumber (I get he was trying to copy Deadpool.....but is that his only shtick?) We have a lot of shows with this type of format, where there's people getting knocked around and that type of comedy has been around forever.

12. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I liked the spice one, but that's been done before too.

13. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Yes, it is.. But I think I'm more used to that.. Since I think most actors, including many old famous ones, act basically the same way every time.. e.g. Humphrey Bogart, John Wayne. I really liked Matthew Perry in Friends, but then realized he's pretty much Chandler in EVERY thing he's ever in.

(Could I USE another example?)

14. That Don Guy

That Don Guy Now with more GB

Mar 13, 2003
    Benicia, CA
    Who told you that was Ryan Reynolds? The credits say it's "Champ Nightingale." I suppose next you'll be telling me that Childish Gambino was a regular on Community, or that Tommy Maitland (the host of ABC's version of The Gong Show) was really Mike Myers :D

Steveknj likes this.
  15. mattack

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Obviously for HIM it was a career advancement due to his music and that other TV show he does... But I think he shouldn't've left Community.
    (I still haven't watched all of the last season though. I think it's on Hulu now. I even watched a few on that Yahoo! service it was originally on..)

16. DancnDude

DancnDude Thrice as nice TCF Club

Feb 7, 2001
    Madison, WI
    This show is growing on me. So irrelevant. I liked the most recent episode best.