Doesn't record NFL games?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by brentyoung, Oct 16, 2006.

1. brentyoung

brentyoung New Member

Aug 7, 2002

Advertisements

Hi,

This is really weird - on Saturday I set up the Tivo to record one of the HD NFL games (the 700s) I wanted to watch, but was going to be out of the house during the day. When I came back it hadn't recorded it. Confused and thinking I had just set it up incorrectly, I had the Tivo record the 30-minute superfan "quick cuts" or whatever it's called. However, I woke up this morning and found out that that too hadn't been recorded. What's going on?!? Is there some lock on the NFL package that doesn't let me record it?

2. chris_h

chris_h New Member

Dec 17, 2003
    Sacramento, CA
    Do you get the superfan pack? (I don't). Do you have those channels in the "channels you receive" list?

3. brentyoung

brentyoung New Member

Aug 7, 2002
    but when I told tivo to record the games, it didn't. I is recording other shows/movies just fine. I wonder if there's some restriction on recording NFL games? That'd be crazy

4. bonscott87

bonscott87 Done.

Oct 3, 2000
    Was the game you set blacked out? Remember that if a game is on your local channel then it will be blacked out on Sunday Ticket so you'd need to record the game off your local station.

5. brentyoung

brentyoung New Member

Aug 7, 2002

Advertisements

That's the super strange thing - not only did Tivo not record the game itself, but it then didn't record the short-cut 30 minute summary of the game either. Totally different channel, after the game had been played, etc. weird

6. Markman07

Markman07 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 18, 2001
    Minnesota
    Does it not show these games in the NPL? What does your history say?