Does TiVo search include prime add on channels

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Bill 2, Nov 15, 2019.

1. Bill 2

Bill 2 New Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I have Romeo pro and have amazon prime with HBO as a channel add on. When I go into the prime app all of the prime and HBO content is there. When I search from the regular TiVo search, only the prime content shows up. (The HBO content is not there)

Is the HBO content supposed to show up in the TiVo search or is the technology not quite there yet?

If is is any suggestions would be helpful.

thanks Bill

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    When using the TiVo Search, the 1P filter and app selection affects the results. To only see Prime, be sure the app "Prime membership" is checked and the 1P default is set to recordings and streaming videos is selected. To record non-free Amazon, check the Amazon Video app and Buy or Rent is included. Also, the second configuration will also get you Prime.

3. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    ...and then don't be surprised when none of your 1Ps include new streaming episodes.

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    I don't think that TiVo's search would show any add-on channels that you might subscribe to through Amazon Prime with just the Prime app option selected since I don't think it has a way to know that you've added channels. And if you add Amazon Video, I'm not sure that's going to help either since it's going to want to show rent/buy costs if not available free through Amazon Prime.

Scott