Does TiVo contact the person you referred?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by emfraser, Jan 3, 2006.

1. emfraser

emfraser New Member

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I've been hyping up TiVo for a while to 2 people who finally got the units. Asking them to put in my e-mail address seemed kind of weird, so I didn't ask them to do that. If I request referral credit for them, will TiVo contact them to confirm? That would be even stranger than asking them initially. Thanks!

2. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    The easiest way would've been to have them put in your email address. I don't believe they get contacted. You just need their name, email address they used, approx. date and time they activated and their Tivo service # (aka serial #).

I remember doing this before and getting credit almost instantly.

3. audiocrawford

audiocrawford New Member

Oct 19, 2005
    Next time, just give them your email. When you sign up for TiVo service a little box comes up and asks you to enter one if someone referred you. It's not like it's Amway or something, LOL - I'm sure they'd be more than happy to give you the credit.

AC

4. davezatz

davezatz Funkadelic

Apr 18, 2002
    Fairfax, VA
    I can understand the OP's position... I mentioned the email/reward in passing to a work acquaintance, but didn't push it - it felt a little too self-serving given my relationship with him. When he forgot or chose not to enter my email address, I didn't ask for his TSN. The points would have been nice, but I just wasn't comfortable hitting him up.

5. Stanley Rohner

Stanley Rohner New Member

Jan 18, 2004
    oklahoma
    They call the person and ask them 100 questions, then they call you and ask the same 100 questions to verify you know each other.