Does the service fee transfer?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by mullen28, Apr 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. mullen28

mullen28 New Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Philadelphia

Advertisements

I apologize if this is a simple question but I couldn't find an answer. My TiVo HD just died. I've already paid for a year of service in December, and my question is, when I get a new TiVo, will the service that I paid transfer to the new device or will they try to charge me again?

2. TomJHansen

TomJHansen Member

Nov 6, 2000
    Mesa, AZ, USA
  3. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    In what way did it die?

That death may not be permanent if the problem is the hard drive and/or the power supply.

How many years have you been paying for service on that unit?

4. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Originally I was going to post, doesn't TiVo's Continual Care program provide a warranty-like service as part of a monthly or annual subscription (but not a lifetime), but then I only found Continual Care discussed at the TiVo website in the context of Roamio sets--and so not applicable to other TiVo models as well?

5. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007

Advertisements

Yeah, he isn't talking about a lifetime service, he is talking about an annual service payment.

Give TiVo a call - Ask them to transfer the remainder of your annual service fee in exchange for purchasing a new TiVo. I bet you will get a pretty good response.

6. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    Yep, understood. I just had thought that if TiVo's Continual Care program was part of his annual subscription, he wouldn't need to buy a new TiVo set but could seek replacement (for a lower fee) of the TiVo box. But I don't know if Continual Care is part of other monthly/yearly subscription purchases--I only saw it mentioned at the TiVo website with respect to Roamio boxes.

7. bradleys

bradleys It'll be fine....

Oct 31, 2007
    Maybe - not sure how that works.

8. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    If you bought another Tivo HD, then I think you could just change the TSN through your account at Tivo and start using the Tivo.

9. Tinker15

Tinker15 New Member

Apr 4, 2015
    I asked TiVo this question about a coup,e of weeks ago and they said with a yearly subscription and if you were to replace or upgrade your TiVo your subscription gets transferred to the new unit. You can however get a replacement through them if yours breaks down for 49.99 but why would I do that when that is a refurb?
    So as it stands now yearly subscriptions can be transferred from one to another.