Does the 'Last Channel' button work for both Tuners?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Snacko, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Snacko

Snacko Snack Officer

Dec 30, 2008
    Columbus,...
    Does the 'Last Channel' button work for both Tuners?

I mean, if for example, if you are on Tuner 1 and to go channel 10 and then 20, then when you press the Last/Enter button, it just jumps between these two channels.

Then if you press the Swap/Tivo Live button and swap to Tuner #2, and say it is on channel 100. Then you change to channel 200. Now shouldn't the Last/Enter button jump between channels 100 and 200?

And if you change back to Tuner #1, the Last/Enter button should not jump between channels 10 and 20.

So, each Tuner has it's 'own' Last channel in memory??

I swear it was working this way for a while, but it has stopped. The manual says nothing about this..

2. Snacko

Snacko Snack Officer

Dec 30, 2008
    Columbus,...
    Does anybody have any links to any info at all on how the Last button is 'supposed' to work? I find it's behavior quite strange...

And I see no detailed info in the manual.. :rolleyes:

3. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I just swaps between the last two tuned channels, regardless of which tuner they were on.

4. Snacko

Snacko Snack Officer

Dec 30, 2008
    Columbus,...
    Hmm, thanks for the reply. I swear it was remembering the 2 channels on each tuner at first. I actually had to reboot once because that stopped working, and it fixed it. But that was over a month ago.. Maybe I'm not remembering it right.

5. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Last channel does just that, it goes to the last channel watched. It does not just swap between the two tuners. If you are on tuner 1 and it is on channel 1 and then switch to tuner 2 which is on channel 2 then hitting the Last button will indeed swap tuners because that was the previous channel. However, if you are on tuner 2 watching channel 2 and switch that tuner to channel 3 the Last button would then switch between channels 2 and 3 on the same tuner - leaving tuner 1 on channel 1. Hope this makes sense.

6. Snacko

Snacko Snack Officer

Dec 30, 2008
    Columbus,...
    Yes, that makes sense. Thanks for the answer.

7. ufo4sale

ufo4sale Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Somerset NJ...
    That's how it should work but if you go to the first tuner and change the channel to two different channels would you be able to hit the enter button and be able to switch between the two channels on tuner one? If you go to the second tuner would you be able to switch to the two channels on the second tuner?

to sum it up would you be able to manage 4 different channels on 2 tuners or are you only able to manage 3 channels with 2 tuners?

8. LifeIsABeach

LifeIsABeach Active Member

Feb 28, 2001
    Drexel Hill, PA
    Unfortunately, no. It only remembers the last channel it was on. Say you are switching between channels 1 and 2 on tuner 1. While on channel 2 you then switch to tuner 2 which is on channel 3. Last Channel will then switch between channels 2 and 3 (switching tuners as necessary).