Does the HR10-250 work with comcast?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by BellevueTivoFan, Jan 16, 2006.

1. BellevueTivoFan

BellevueTivoFan New Member

Feb 7, 2004

Advertisements

Sadly, after 9 years with DTV and Tivo I have to make the switch to Comcast. I've had 3 trees removed over the years and now my neighbors has grown in the way. Also I was never able to see the HD satellite so that was another reason to make the move.

I've purchased an HDTV to go with my switch to Comcast. I'm VERY unhappy about having to use the Comcast DVR after all I've read here. My question is: if I buy an HR10-250, can I use that in place of the Comcast DVR? Comcast told me no but I swear I thought I had read some people have had success.

Also, with the impending switch to MPEG 4 rendering the HR10-250s either useless or not able to decode all the new stuff, I would have thought I could pick one up on EBAY or some place for a prices better than $399. Maybe I just need to wait. Any thoughts on this one?

Thanks!

2. scooby2

scooby2 Member

Dec 24, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Nope the hr10-250 wont work with Comcast. Not sure if it will work over the air without a directv sub.

3. BellevueTivoFan

BellevueTivoFan New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Thanks for the reply. So the only option to record HD using Comcast is with their non TIVO box? So frustrating! I thought there might be some other option.

4. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    At the recent Consumer Electronics Show Tivo announced a new Series 3 Tivo that will be available later this year with dual CableCard HiDef tuners that should work great with Comcast. More info in the Coffee House Forum here.

5. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
  6. Adam1115

Adam1115 Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Denver ish
    Where is your source? AFIK they showed a prototype, no announcment regarding a release date...