Does the bolt offer these features?

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by buscuitboy, Oct 4, 2017.

1. buscuitboy

buscuitboy Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    I am considering the $99 lifetime upgrade. A few questions about the bolt though:

I need analog audio/video outputs in order to be able to possibly dump programming to my laptop (via USB capture device). Does the bolt offer this through a breakout cable like the roamios?

I have two minis and have used my series 4 builtin Moca to connect them for the tuners. Does the bolt have built in Moca capability?

Finally, the bolt has the streamer built-in (for out of home viewing), right?

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Only analog audio (no video). Are you with a cable company that copy protects content so you can't use the various tools to just download shows to your laptop (your location shows Atlanta which I thought was Comcast who only copy protects primarily the movie channels)?

Yes.

Yes, but keep in mind that for iOS devices you have to be on wireless due to Apple requirements for streaming with cellular data (according to Dan!). :)

TiVo BOLT+ | Replace your Cable Box DVR with a Unified Entertainment System

Scott

3. buscuitboy

buscuitboy Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Atlanta area
    Yes, kind of. I usually use pyTiVo to transfer content. I have run into two problems on occasion; copy protected channels/content & corrupted file transfers. PyTiVO works about 95+% of the time for me & is definitely the easiest way. Its usually local channel content I am transferring so I only ran into the protection issue once for some reason (not sure why just once).

The corruption problem doesn't happen often either. I don't know why it happens, but when it does, its less time consuming to just dump it in real time instead of wasting time trying to figure out the issue within PyTivo.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    You know you can simply download the show to your laptop, right? Except 'premium' channels I suppose...

-KP

5. TonyD79

TonyD79 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Columbia, MD
    Bolt does not have analog video out but minis do.