does "suspending" an account change terms?

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by citivolus, Oct 11, 2007.

1. citivolus

citivolus Member

Jul 3, 2002
    I am on the Total Choice plan (which I believe doesn't exist anymore) for 47.99 per month. I also have the DVR charge for 5.99 per month, and the HD Access fee of 0.00 per month.

I am no longer under a contract.

If I suspend my account for six months, will I either be forced to switch to a current plan or will they start charging me the HD Access fee when I resume the account?

Will I be forced to agree to a contract when I resume the account?

2. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    Nothing will change.

3. cmeinck

cmeinck Member

Sep 18, 2003
    I have a similar issue. If I am under contract for 2 years, how does the suspension affect my time served? I'm jumping to FIOS with TIVO HD, but plan on activating my DirecTivo in time for Sunday Ticket.

4. ebonovic

ebonovic has gone his way...

Jul 24, 2001
    Tinley...
    When you suspend.... you also suspend the clock on your contract timeline.

5. cmeinck

cmeinck Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Thanks. That's what I figured. I'll probably keep both services and simply scale down my DTV programming.

6. parzec

parzec Wizard of Oz

Jun 21, 2002
    Charlotte, NC
    Actually, One time I suspended my account and was not allowed to reactivate my previous package as "it no longer existed" ie. was renamed and increased in price. I was not under commitment at the time of suspension, so perhaps that made a difference but don't assume you will be able to get the same deal you currently have when you revive your account.