Does new HD Tivo work with Time-Warner Cable

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Moorloch, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Moorloch

Moorloch New Member

Mar 13, 2003
    San Antonio
    We recently had two of the TiVos we'd been using with DirecTV die, and DirecTV sent up two non-TiVo receivers/DVRs. We've been trying to use them, but .. they're horrible. I'd like to switch to our cable company, Time-Warner, as soon as our DTVn contract expires, but I want to make sure the T-W cards will work with the new HD TV units, which sound like godsends!

L.L.Moorloch

2. jrm01

jrm01 New Member

Oct 17, 2003
    Pittsburgh
    The Tivo HD should work fine with TW cable and their cablecards, but....

It appears that TW in Texas (and elsewhere) is changing over to SDV which could eliminate some of the channels from what you can receive. Suggest you search the forum for SDV to check out the problems, as well as this thread on Time Warner Cable.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=316313

3. Chip718

Chip718 New Member

May 12, 2005
    I also have TWC. If I didnt want to use their cable card does anyone know if it works with an IR Blaster?

4. SullyND

SullyND W: 33-9 (Camping World Bowl) TCF Club

Dec 30, 2004
    Chicago Burbs
    The THD and S3 do not support ANY external STBs (i.e. no)

5. cowboys2002

cowboys2002 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2001
    Cypress, TX

OP,

If you receive new DVR's from DirecTv, you will start your commitment al over again (1 or 2 years). Nothing is free.

IF you are so unhappy with the DirecTV DVR's, send them back ASAP or cancel your order. Order service from your cable company and see how crappy THEIR DVR is (just based upon numerous negative posts here and on broadband reports).

If you love TIVO so much, buy the Series 2 dual Tuner models or one of the HD Tivo's (S3 or Tivo HD).

BTW, the answer to your question is in this thread:

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=316313

6. Moorloch

Moorloch New Member

Mar 13, 2003
    San Antonio
    Thanks to all for your information. I'm now off to find out about the details.

Moorloch