1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does KMTTG Support Ad Skipping?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by mfc90125, Sep 12, 2018.

1. mfc90125

mfc90125 New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Hi, all - great forum! Appreciate reading all the kind people helping us with the joys of TiVo. I am using KMTTG to strip the videos of their encoding so I can put them on Plex, but am running into two issues.
    The first (and this may sound like a really dumb question) is I would like to skip all commercials, but am I supposed to install a separate program that KMTTG reads?
    Also, I would like to automate the files that MyTiVo Desktop downloads from my Roamio. I selected AUTO TRANSFERS, changed TYPE to KEYWORD, and added a word to test. I then chose AUTO TRANSFERS again, SERVICE, and then START. Did I miss a setting?
    It's really great that I can get these files from TiVo to my Plex, and I feel like these last few adjustments will allow me to automate the entire process.
    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

2. worachj

worachj Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2006
    Eagan, MN
  3. Sparky1234

Sparky1234 Totally

May 8, 2006
  4. RVH

RVH New Member

Dec 19, 2006
    I'm doing what you do but can't get KMTTG to output a viewable file. Can you post the steps you use? I use Tivo Desktop to transfer the file from my Tivo to my PC, then load the file into KMTTG and select MPEG but it doesn't work.

5. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Agree... I can manually edit the commercials out of a 1 hour program in about 2 minutes.
    The auto skip mode takes much longer and as you have stated is not very accurate.
    Haven't used it in years so not sure how the latest version works.