Does a DTV Lifetime Subscription Transfer

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by kjmorris, Sep 10, 2007.

1. kjmorris

kjmorris New Member

Feb 14, 2002
    I've been a 7+ year Tivo user. I bought the lifetime Tivo subscription from Tivo in 2000 and used it on my DSR6001 receiver. Then a couple years later the lifetime subscription was transferred to DirecTV. I now want to dump DTV in favor of a series 3 unit and cable cards but I'm thinking I will get screwed on the whole lifetime subscription deal.

Has anyone gone through this scenario before?

2. MikeMar

MikeMar Go Pats

Jan 7, 2005
    Boston...
    99.9% sure you can't transfer it, but

you've had lifetime for 7 years and you feel you are getting screwed? that's not a bad deal at all!!

3. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    No, the lifetime sub on the DSR6000 does not transfer - except when TiVo runs a special promotion allowing this, which they have done once so far. Will they do it again? Dunno.

But you've had many years of TiVo service - I don't think you can really say you are being "screwed". When you bought the lifetime service, it was sold as tied to the box and not transferable. Nothing has changed there.

4. client

client New Member

Nov 10, 2006
    theere was a promo for this, but it's effective dates were December 13, 2006 through January 31, 2007....

might want to call customer service to see if they will honor it