Doctor Who

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by CharleneC, Dec 25, 2019.

1. CharleneC

CharleneC Member

Oct 17, 2007
    There's something amiss with the New Years special. I went to the OnePass and showed upcoming episodes. S12E01 is listed for 7p CST (with a re-airing at midnight), but it's not selected to record. I then went to the ToDo list and selected view all to see why the episode wasn't recording and it doesn't appear at all. I'll manually tell TiVo to record it, but it's an oddity other fans might want to check.

2. Rob Helmerichs

Rob Helmerichs I am Groot! TCF Club

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    It's not a special; it's the first episode of the new season (the second airs the following Sunday). Both are scheduled to record on mine...

3. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Your OnePass should also be picking up two new holiday specials for Thursday, December 26 (tomorrow). "The Macra Terror" and "The Lost Episode".

4. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    ...although those are not new...they are "recovered" classic episodes (using animation to replace missing video), which have both previously been seen.

5. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Yeah, I saw those. Looking forward to them. Based on the descriptions, I have no idea if I ever saw the classics.

FWIW, BBCA is re-airing S10E1-12 starting Mon Dec30, 1pmMST. My 1P is picking up the premiere of S12E1 Wed Jan01, 9pmMST and S12E2 Sun Jan05, 9pm MST. Seeing at it's a two-parter , I'll watch 'em both Sunday night.

6. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    I believe The Macra Terror has only been on disc. The Lost Episode is Shada, the Tom Baker serial written by Douglas Adams (whose production was interrupted by a strike). That one's been around for a while now, and has been on both disc and TV.

tim1724 and justen_m like this.
  7. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    Of all the old seasons I'm just recording season one because this is the first time I remember BBCA having it's re-broadcast rights. Before to see season one you had to stream it from somewhere.

8. CharleneC

CharleneC Member

Oct 17, 2007
    The only upcoming episodes automagically set to record are the two on December 26th. Neither the Jan 1st nor the Jan 5th second part are checked. I tried deleting the OP, rebooting, and re-adding the OP with no change in the result. I've manually set S12E01 and S12E02 to record, but I'm concerned about why this glitched and if I'll continue to have problems with DW.

9. Rob Helmerichs

Oct 17, 2000
    Minneapolis
    Both of the new ones are still scheduled for me (I already canceled today's rebuilt classics)...

10. kdmorse

kdmorse Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jan 29, 2001
    Germantown, MD
    I think they've stitched together whatever was broken. When this thread opened, S12 was not being picked up on any of my (multiple) existing OnePasses. Everything before, and after was flagged to be recorded (including the lost episodes), but not the S12 episodes themselves.

Looking at it today, it's all fixed. So I suspect as often happens these days, S12 got added as a unique series id, and a human fixed it. Which means that anyone that created a new OnePass for S12, who didn't have an existing OnePass, might now be broken.

Business as usual, everyone check their ToDo Lists... daily... ;)