Doctor Who / Torchwood Casting Spoilers

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Idearat, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Idearat

Idearat Active Member

Nov 26, 2000
    Gilroy
    Interesting tidbit.

The link itself is a spoiler, so too bad if you entered the thread already:
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/a68264/freema-banned-from-torchwood-sex-scenes.html

News to me is both that Freema will be back on the air with The Doctor as well as on Torchwood. Too bad about the no sex scenes on Torchwood part though. Considering the split they maintain between the family Doctor Who and adult Torchwood I guess it makes sense though. For me, I'd rather she went with the Full Torchwood.

2. pkscout

pkscout Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Honolulu, HI
    It's funny. They said when Torchwood started that there wouldn't be any cross over characters from Doctor Who to Torchwood (except Captain Jack) for just this reason. It sure didn't take long for them to change their mind.

The swearing and the sex scenes on Torchwood don't make it a better show or more edgy. They just make it more vulgar. They could have gone dark without that stuff, and they might have had a broader audience for the show then.

3. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I don't think the UK viewers see swearing and sex as edgy, just real. The UK viewers have a significantly higher vulgarity threshold than some US viewers do. :)