Doctor Who (PBS)

Discussion in 'Season Pass Alerts' started by TKnight206, Jun 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TKnight206

TKnight206 Active Member

Oct 20, 2016

Advertisements

For any of you who have Doctor Who on a local PBS station, OnePass isn't set to record tonight.

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    ????

I don't think that's been a PBS "network" thing.. it's always your local affiliate airing it.

(I put network in quotes since AFAIK, PBS is more a loose affiliation than the other OTA networks.)

3. tim1724

tim1724 Active Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Temple City, CA
    Yeah, Doctor Who isn’t distributed by PBS. Any individual station that carries it has its own individual contract with BBC Worldwide.

mattack likes this.
  4. TKnight206

TKnight206 Active Member

Oct 20, 2016
    I don't think I have a OnePass set to record anymore, but noticed the listings for tonight have a weird name on PBS.

"Dr Who - Attack of the Cyberman" but without the quotes. It's like they put the 'arc name' in the title, and I'm mostly sure "Dr Who" isn't the right way to refer to the series.

5. KDeFlane

KDeFlane Active Member

Jan 29, 2014
    Silicon Valley

Advertisements

the only NEW episode I am expecting is the annual holiday special, which this year is slated for New Years Day instead of Christmas.

btw, my SPass did not have it scheduled. Look for "Revolution of the Daleks" on BBC-America (not PBS).

bluecruiser likes this.
  6. tim1724

tim1724 Active Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Temple City, CA
    Note that PBS itself doesn't have broadcast rights for Doctor Who, although an individual public television station may have its own contract with BBC Studios.

So your individual station is probably responsible for providing the listing data to TiVo's guide division. PBS itself wouldn't be involved.

Correct, the proper name for the show is "Doctor Who" although the BBC was not always consistent about this on the classic series. (For many years they listed the main character as "Dr Who" in the credits.)