Do the Coaxial Amplifiers screw up the MOCA adapters?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by Johnny Danger, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Johnny Danger

Johnny Danger Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Do the Coaxial Amplifiers screw up the MOCA adapters?

Do you need like special ones that will work with MOCA network?

Thanks.

2. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    My Amp kills Moca. I have tried several things suggested in threads several years ago but nothing has worked. Bypassing, special splitters, etc. Nothing worked. I'm now using a separate unamplified feed and Moca works as long as I don't pass through the Tuning adapters.

3. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    I have tested three or four different amps embedded in my MoCA network, and only one caused problems with MoCA.

BUT, this is not the correct way to use an amplifier with TV signals. Your amp should be connected to the coax as close to the antenna as possible, and certainly BEFORE the MoCA bridge. That does two things for you - first, it keeps the amplifier from amplifying any noise or other signal problems that are possibly being generated by cable connections or other devices in your house (close to the antenna, it only amplifies the received signal from the antenna).

And second, by placing it on the coax input before the coax reaches the MoCA bridge or any other connected device, no MoCA signal will ever need to go through the amp, so it cannot block those signals.

You still need a POE filter on the incoming coax UNLESS your amp has such a filter built in (some do).

BosTV and wtherrell like this.
  4. wtherrell

wtherrell Active Member

Dec 23, 2004
    Huntersville...
    Seems to be the one thing that I didn't try.