Do Onepasses get updated when you redo guided setup?

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by randian, Sep 19, 2019.

1. randian

randian Active Member

Jan 15, 2014
    Southeast...
    For example, going CableCard -> OTA or OTA -> CableCard?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If the 1P includes a channel number it doesn't update. If it's set to "All" then it will find the program.

3. unclehonkey

unclehonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Mankato, MN
    I could have sworn when I went from cable to OTA a fair amount of my 1p's did update. The cable only channels obviously did not but I do remember most of my 1p's that were on network TV did update. Having 2 CBS & 2 FOX stations available I had to tweak some of them.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I was just speculating. You're probably right.

5. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    The perfect TCF post. :p

JoeKustra likes this.
  6. pshivers

pshivers Retired

Nov 4, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Just moved from Southern California to Lubbock, Texas. Spectrum to Suddenlink.

After reactivating my Roamios on Suddenlink I had to update all my channel specific Onepasses to the new channel number as Onepass kept the old channel number selected, even though both old and new channels were available to select.

Interestingly a couple of weeks later I just noticed the available channels have cleaned themselves up in all my Onepasses to only the correct channels for my area.

Sounds like eventually Onepass does update itself...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

JoeKustra likes this.
  7. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    We didn't have any issues with this when my son went to college as long as TiVo is able to map an equivalent channel. Similar situation here when Comcast changed channel numbers from the 300 range to the 800 range (not the most recent duplication above 1000) and our 1P/Season Passes kept the old channel number but recorded correctly from the new channel number. I didn't notice it automatically fixing them in the 1P/SP at that time but eventually manually updated them all to be safe even thought it was working fine.

Scott