Do Not Order From Electronics Expo

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by rijowysock, Nov 17, 2010.

1. rijowysock

rijowysock New Member

Nov 6, 2010

Advertisements

sent me a TiVo Premiere that does not work, and now they want nothing to do with the sale and expect me to complain to TiVo about the product..

I run a company and i wish i could just run and hide when people had problems with a product and blame it on the manufacturer.

-Riley

2. ldc3000

ldc3000 Member

Jun 24, 2004
    NC
    Sorry about your bad experience. I bought my unit from there and it worked perfectly. I looked at there return policy and being that you just purchased the order they should provide you with an RMA for return. Being that the item is still under 90 days you could also go thru Tivo as well. Either way your gonna be stuck with return shipping.

3. clorox

clorox New Member

Nov 5, 2003
    No problems with my order either. Just deal with TiVo - you probably got a good price through EE anyway, which makes up for most of the stress.

4. rijowysock

rijowysock New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    if it doesn't work, then the better price doesn't make up for the stress..lol.

5. dswallow

dswallow Save the ModeratŠ¾r TCF Club

Dec 3, 2000
    Long...

Advertisements

The problem with dealing with TiVo is that you'll end up with a refurb unit for the one you bought new. You generally do have certain rights of return on a purchase that's DOA, whether the company wants to pretend you do or not. That's where your credit card company will enter the picture to help.

6. smbaker

smbaker Well-Known Member

May 24, 2003
    "doesn't work" is a pretty broad term. What is wrong with it? Was it DOA?

If it's defective, then you should have several options available to you, including getting your credit card company involved in the dispute. I wouldn't send it back to Tivo, because as other have said, you end up getting a refurb that someone else sent back when you paid for a new product.

7. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    Electronics Expo does not take returns for any reason. I posted that my buddy got a DOA HDTV from EE that took up space in house for over 6 weeks before it was fixed.

8. ldc3000

ldc3000 Member

Jun 24, 2004
    NC
    Here is their return page.
    http://www.electronics-expo.com/make-a-store/static/customer_service/1.html

This is the relevant section to OP issue.

*Non-Returnable or Exchangeable Items

The following products are not acceptable for credit, refund, or exchange and must be repaired by the manufacturers' authorized service centers if found to be defective:
    TV's larger than 20 inches
    Front Projectors
    Computers, laptops, netbooks and hard disk drives
    Video game consoles and hardware
    Audio/Video Stands/Furniture (Unopened or assembled)
    Digital Satellite Systems and equipment
    Any product with a service activation feature (XM & Sirius Satellite Radio Receivers, DirecTv, Tivo, Wireless Phones)
    Filled out extended warranties
    Items having their UPC Labels or Bar Codes cut or removed
    Cut-to-length audio or video cables
    Physical damaged items after being signed for in good condition
    Items that have been installed, physically altered, or where wires have been cut

So it seems that he will be stuck having to deal with Tivo. It also states that they don't take returns on TV's larger than 20 inches. So as much as it may suck, they clearly stated their return process.

9. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    You can still try going through the CC company. You might be able to get shipping to TiVo covered.
    But either way, the refurb units should be fine as long as cosemtically they look good. Whether new or used what's most important is how it works. I've had many refurb products over the years and they were identical to the the products just not as expensive.

10. sharkitus

sharkitus New Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Wow I will never order from those guys unless its dirt cheap, talk about not supporting there customers.

11. lafos

lafos Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2004
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I had purchased a Premiere from TiVo, and it wouldn't make it through guided setup without rebooting. I returned it to TiVo and got a new unit as a replacement. If the unit is DOA, you should ask for a new unit, and get them to confirm that you'll get a new unit, and marked as such on the incident report.

12. JANNINO

JANNINO Member

Oct 27, 2004
    I bought 4 Premiere XLs from EE for $278 each. 3 work fine but one has bad tuners in it so I'm going through Tivo to replace it. I bought the 3 year warranties on each so I'm hoping I get back a working unit from them.