1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do not delete shows marked for deletion

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Karrie Lynn Massotti, Aug 12, 2018.

1. Karrie Lynn Massotti

Karrie Lynn Massotti New Member

Aug 12, 2018
    All of the sudden several of our shows that we’ve wanted to keep and recorded with do not delete were marked to be deleted. We only have used 51% capacity so plenty of room. Entire series passes of like 20 shows all changing from green to yellow with a delete date. Not a ton in todo list that would create panic. Any idea why? Any solutions besides continuing to change back?

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Are you sure it was green before, or was it blue? Green does not change to yellow, only blue does.

It also does not mean the shows will be deleted (not yet). It just means it has the potential to be deleted, but only after the Recently Deleted folder is empty, and then followed by suggestions (if enabled).

The date displayed does not matter. It only depends on whether the Tivo requires space to record the shows the next few day, and it over estimates.

3. Karrie Lynn Massotti

Aug 12, 2018
    Absolutely. We’ve had TiVo’s since they first came out (decades ago) so not new.

We had the Seasons pass set properly, they were green. That’s why we are so puzzled.

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I can't fix your current yellow dots, but to prevent this from happening again, change your recording default to "Keep at most:" All. The default of 25 will cause the "date" to be used. As was posted, you can ignore the yellow dots. I ever see them even on programs I made last year.

The current utilities like kmttg, PyTivo Desktop, and Desktop all use the date and display yellow dots for almost all programs.

5. Karrie Lynn Massotti

Aug 12, 2018
    They were set that way. That’s what I strange. They were set to keep until delete with keep all and they turned them self into yellow and some of these series only had four shows

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Select any program. Look at its "Keep through:" A program I recorded last night has 8/14. That date will move every day. But I never see yellow dots. If you keep a movie over a month it may change itself to KUID. A bug.

7. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    All my recordings are KUID yet I get yellow dots for older ones. I even get get yellow dots with an exclamation point in it and it says it will be deleted in a day. Haven't lost anything yet.