do I need service ??? new twist

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by r-cos, Jan 7, 2006.

1. r-cos

r-cos New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    Ok I know this question has been asked before but I have a new twist.

I have seen a diving team (swimming/diving team) using an old TIVO as a training tool. They have a video camera set up watching the divers, the camera is hooked up to the TIVO then to a TV. The picture on the TV is delayed about 20 seconds so when the divers come out of the water they can see the dive they just performed. Also the coach can review with the diver their dive while the TIVO is still recording divers in the pool. My question is if I buy a new TIVO (Series2) to do the same thing do I need the service? I have been told that I need the service activate my TIVO. So do I need to find a old (Series1) or can I get a need new (Series2) TIVO.

2. funtoupgrade

funtoupgrade New Member

Mar 15, 2005
    You need an old series 1.

3. r-cos

r-cos New Member

Jan 7, 2006
    ok thaknxxx

do you have one for sale ??????????

4. stevel

stevel Dumb Blond TCF Club

Aug 23, 2000
    Nashua, NH
    No, you do not need an old series 1. A Series 2 without a subscription can still rewind and replay the 30 minute live buffer. You will need to take advantage of the free week of service to get it set up. Then just hook it up to your camera, tune to the "channel", and replay away.

This has been asked before, but I'm sure it's hard to find. Do note, though, that you will not be able to get the TiVo rebate without service.